PDA

View Full Version : Poll: U.S. to Bush: Leave Iraq

pcteaser
04-29-2005, 08:59 PM
US News
Poll: U.S. to Bush: Leave Iraq
By UPI
Apr 28, 2005, 23:11 GMT

PRINCETON, N.J. (UPI) -- The top piece of advice Americans would give President Bush is to pull out of the war in Iraq, a poll released Thursday indicated.
Nearly a quarter of respondents to a Gallup Poll said that if they had 15 minutes to talk to the president they would tell him to end the war in Iraq, making it the No.1 response.

The second most popular response -- telling Bush to control the prices of fuel and oil and improve energy -- got 8 percent of respondents, while 6 percent said they would tell him to leave Social Security alone.

Praise tied for third -- 6 percent of respondents said they would tell Bush he was doing a good job.The findings were based on telephone interviews conducted April 18-21 with 1,003 U.S. adults.The survey has an error margin of plus or minus 3 percentage points.

Gold9472
04-29-2005, 09:04 PM
Ok... so what is the poll for? To give the President an idea of what the people want? Shouldn't he make considerations based on that? I never understood what the purpose of a poll was other than to show support or disapproval for something, and for that input to be passed along to the powers that be...

If polls do nothing, then why even partake in them?

pcteaser
04-29-2005, 09:18 PM
Ok... so what is the poll for? To give the President an idea of what the people want? Shouldn't he make considerations based on that? I never understood what the purpose of a poll was other than to show support or disapproval for something, and for that input to be passed along to the powers that be...

If polls do nothing, then why even partake in them?

The President's response to the subject of polls:

Q Is the poll troubling?

THE PRESIDENT: Polls? You know, if a President tries to govern based upon polls, you’re kind of like a dog chasing your tail. I don’t think you can make good, sound decisions based upon polls. And I don’t think the American people want a President who relies upon polls and focus groups to make decisions for the American people.

Gold9472
04-29-2005, 09:24 PM
The President's response to the subject of polls:

Q Is the poll troubling?

THE PRESIDENT: Polls? You know, if a President tries to govern based upon polls, you’re kind of like a dog chasing your tail. I don’t think you can make good, sound decisions based upon polls. And I don’t think the American people want a President who relies upon polls and focus groups to make decisions for the American people.

Well Duh... As your thread showed the other day, polls mean jack shit. MSNBC finished at 77% who hate Bush out of 30000+ votes. The exit polls from the election were "Way Off". Go ask Clint Curtis what he has to say about that. ;)