PDA

View Full Version : Senate Enviro. & Pub. Works Subcmte. Hearing On EPA's Response To 9/11 - Video Inside

Gold9472
06-20-2007, 02:31 PM
Senate Environment & Public Works subcmte. hearing on EPA's Response to 9-11

Click Here (rtsp://video.c-span.org/project/ter/ter062007_911final.rm) (realplayer)

"In all instances, federal agencies acted with the best available data at the time, and updated their communications and actions as new information was obtained," James Connaughton (http://www.yourbbsucks.com/forum/showpost.php?p=81794&postcount=254), head of the White House Council on Environmental Quality, said in prepared testimony to a Senate panel led by Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton.

Oh really James?

"two devastating memos (http://www.yourbbsucks.com/forum/showpost.php?p=69013&postcount=65), written by the U.S. and local governments, show they knew. They knew the toxic soup created at Ground Zero was a deadly health hazard. Yet they sent workers into the pit and people back into their homes."

LIAR!

Gold9472
06-20-2007, 06:38 PM
Cool. Jenna Orkin is there.

Gold9472
06-20-2007, 07:02 PM
Inhofe is a scumbag.

Gold9472
06-20-2007, 07:17 PM
The "Witnesses" make me sick. They have the audacity to sit there with smiles on their faces... They are Bushies... "America is stronger than ever..."

Gold9472
06-20-2007, 07:20 PM
Ok. The Captain seems sincere.

simuvac
06-20-2007, 07:29 PM
I don't understand how they can claim ignorance on this one (and yes, I do understand why they would). Isn't it general knowledge that building collapses almost inevitably contain toxic substances, and that it would take weeks or months to clear the area?

And wouldn't the EPA in New York be particularly aware of the Twin Towers, more so than any other buildings, and as such be aware that they were filled with abestos, for example?

Saying that you were acting on the best available information in this case is like inspecting a nuclear bomb site immediately after detonation and claiming you couldn't predict the presence of radioactivity.