PDA

View Full Version : Neocon Joe Lieberman Advocates Military Strike On Iran - Video Inside

Gold9472
06-10-2007, 03:56 PM
Senator Lieberman advocates military strike on Iran

http://rawstory.com/news/2007/Senator_Lieberman_advocates_military_strike_on_061 0.html

David Edwards and Josh Catone
Published: Sunday June 10, 2007

Senator Joe Lieberman (I-CT) on CBS's Face the Nation this morning laid out a case for the US taking military action against Iran.

"Iraq is now the main front in the long war we are fighting against the Islamist terrorists who attacked us on 9/11. In fact 90% of the suicide bombers in Iraq today killing Iraqis and American soldiers are foreign Al Qaeda fighters. Iran is training and equipping soldiers, Iraqis, to come in and kill American soldiers and Iraqis," said Lieberman.

Host Bob Schieffer then asked Lieberman what the United States should do about Iran.

Lieberman said that Iran is at war with the US and "the moderates" and that while he supports sitting down and talking with the Iranian government, that might not be enough.

"If we're going to sit and talk with the Iranians, tell them what we want them to do, which is to stop doing that because it's killing Americans, we can't leave it at that. I think we have to be prepared to take aggressive military action against the Iranians to stop them from killing Americans in Iraq," he said. "To me that would include a strike into, over the border into Iran where we have good evidence that they have a base at which they are training these people coming back into Iraq to kill our soldiers."

"Let's just stop right there," said Schieffer. "You're saying that if the Iranians don't let up that the United States should take military action."

"I am," replied Lieberman. "If they don't play by the rules we've got to use our force and to me that would include taking military action to stop them from doing what they're doing."

The following video is from CBS's Face the Nation, broadcast on June 10.

Video At Source Link

PhilosophyGenius
06-10-2007, 06:00 PM
Fucking idiot man.