View Full Version : Giuliani Not Fazed By 9/11 Family Member Attack

Gold9472
05-29-2007, 06:57 PM
Giuliani Not Fazed By 9/11 Family Member Attack
Says He Wasn't Confident In Every Decision That Day

http://wcbstv.com/topstories/local_story_149163204.html

Marcia Kramer
5/29/2007

(CBS) NEW YORK Hundreds of New Yorkers helped Rudy Giuliani celebrate his 63rd birthday a day late Tuesday.

They attended fundraisers in the four outer boroughs where the birthday boy raked in campaign cash. But as CBS 2 HD has learned not everyone wanted to celebrate.

The questions began early at the start of Giuliani's four-borough fund-raising romp. Sabrina Rivera, who says she lost a family member on 9-11, grabbed Rudy's hand and wouldn’t let go as she and others confronted America's Mayor in the Bronx.

"I want a new investigation," Rivera said. "There was no reason why he should dump 45 percent of the victims in a dump."

And it continued in Brooklyn. But Giuliani, whose leadership on 9-11 is one of the pillars of his presidential campaign, wouldn't allow himself to be sucked in.

"No one that I knew had any idea that (the Twin Towers) would implode," Giuliani said.

Later In Queens, he said he wasn't upset by the anger some feel towards him.

"This is a very, very traumatic, horrible experience," Giuliani said. "I lived though it. I watched people die. I lost good friends, so any anger people displace I've never had any resentment about it."

Giuliani also said he realized at the time that not all the decisions he made that day would be right.

"I made like 10, 12, 15 decisions in a row and then I’d take a little stop and make a little prayer and say, 'God you got to make 'em right now,'" he said.

Campaign officials say Giuliani expects to raise half a million dollars from his day in New York.

Guy Molinari, Giuliani's state campaign chair, said the former mayor is doing so well in New York he doesn't think he'll face a primary here.

The other nine or 10 candidates, Molinari said, will just skip the state, and not run here.

Gold9472
05-29-2007, 07:05 PM
Giuliani's Unwelcome Birthday Guests

http://www.observer.com/2007/giulianis-birthday-protest-fire-fighters-september-11-families

by Azi Paybarah Published: May 29, 2007

Here’s an unwelcome birthday gift for Rudy Giuliani, as he travels around the city raising money: protests from fire fighters and family members of September 11th victims.

They've shown up in the past at Giuliani's presidential events. Today, they’re gathering in Bay Ridge, and they have plans to follow him nationwide starting sometime around January, according to Jim Riches, a deputy chief with the fire department whose son was killed in the World Trade Center attacks.

“We have all the UFA, the UFOA, and the fire members are all behind us -- the International Association of Fire Fighters,” said Riches. “And we’re going to be out there today to let everybody know that he’s not the hero that he says he is.”

The group’s complaints center on the faulty radios used by the fire department that day and what they say was a lack of coordination at Ground Zero.

And Riches disputes the notion that Giuliani provided any form of leadership on September 11 or in the days following.

“If somebody can tell me what he did on 9/11 that was so good, I’d love to hear it. All he did was give information on the TV”

“He did nothing,” Riches continued. “He stood there with a TV reporter and told everyone what was going on. And he got it from everybody else down at the site.”

Eckolaker
05-29-2007, 07:18 PM
If you ask me, he was freaking out. His body language looks like someone who just got caught holding a bloody knife standing over a corpse.