PDA

View Full Version : John Gibson Capitalizes On Rasmussen Poll To Make 9/11 Truth A Partisan Issue

Gold9472
05-15-2007, 08:16 PM
Poll Shows One in Three Dems Think Bush Knew About 9/11 in Advance

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,272614,00.html

(Gold9472: I don't know who commissioned that poll, but I would almost bet it was someone in the Republican party to use against the Democrats in the upcoming election. Or, at least someone friendly to the Republicans. The funny thing is, 9/11 is a non-partisan issue. Right now, my vote is going to Ron Paul. A Republican from Texas. Sound like anyone we know?)

By John Gibson
Tuesday, May 15, 2007

If I may commend to you a column today by one of my favorites, Jonah Goldberg, writing in The Los Angeles Times. The headline for Goldberg's piece today is: "Just how crazy are the Dems?" and the first line reads: "Most fair-minded readers will no doubt take me at my word when I say that a majority of Democrats in this country are out of their gourds."

What he is talking about is a new Rasmussen Poll asking about the 9/11 conspiracy theory that George W. Bush knew about the 9/11 attacks in advance. The results showed that 35 percent of Democrats believe he did know, 39 percent say he did not know and 26 percent are not sure.

Jonah Goldberg writes: "One in three Democrats believe that Bush was in on it somehow, and a majority of Democrats either believe that Bush knew about the attacks in advance or can't quite make up their minds."

Goldberg and I are in complete agreement on what this means. You have to be out of your mind. He goes on with great wit and reason to explain how crazy it is, and I recommend you read his column.

For myself, I attribute this kind of craziness to willful disregard for reason and the explanations of weird stuff that happened that day. For all the people who believe the planes did not bring the towers down, that explosives must have been planted in the buildings in advance, that 19 jihadi Arab kids couldn't have pulled this off, that they left a trail of crumbs that should have and therefore was discovered by the FBI in advance, it only takes a little reading to disabuse yourself of these notions.

But the people who don't read, who continue to believe these things in the face of evidence and reason and logic — let's say Rosie, and a majority of Democrats evidently — the only way this makes any sense at all is to look at the anger and the vitriol and the bitter resentment of George Bush, and the willingness to believe absolutely any nasty awful thing about him that any street-level lunatic can possibly invent.

And that kind of hate, evidently, has morphed itself into a kind of insanity — craziness — and that is what we are seeing. I would like to think it is a fever that will pass, but I'm afraid the fever will only fade when the patient — the many patients — pass on from this life.

That's My Word.

canashian
05-16-2007, 11:40 AM
This poll is not necessarily talking about 9/11 Truth, though Gibson is spinning it that way. Democrats believing that Bush knew it advance includes the intelligence failures that led this to happen. The same intelligence failures that led to hearings where Rice had to testify and made it blatantly obvioius that the administration ignored warnings from men like Richard Clarke. This does not mean that 1/3 of Democrats believe it was an inside job, the right-wingers are just spinning it that way to make non-CT's complicit.