PDA

View Full Version : Giuliani Defends Putting Emergency Bunker In WTC7

Gold9472
05-13-2007, 08:12 PM
Giuliani Defends Putting Emergency Bunker In WTC7

http://rawstory.com/news/2007/Fox_host_butts_heads_with_Giuliani_0513.html

5/13/2007

On this morning's edition of Fox News Sunday, host Chris Wallace grilled presidential candidate and former New York City mayor Rudy Giuliani on his decision to put the emergency response command center in the World Trade Center in 1997, despite suggestions from advisers that it should be located elsewhere. "Your director of emergency management suggested, recommended, that you not put it [in the World Trade Center] because it had been a target in 1993. Why did you do that?" asked Wallace.

"My director of emergency management recommended 7 World Trade Center," replied Giuliani.

"I've got a copy right here of Jerry Hauer's directive to you," Wallace came back, "and I -- there were meetings in which Jerry Hauer said that it's a bad idea and the police chief, Howard Safir said it was a bad idea."

Giuliani insisted that Hauer recommended the World Trade Center as a "prime site" for the emergency response command center for the city.

"Then why did he say the building, it's not -- a place in Brooklyn is not as visible a target as buildings in Lower Manhattan," Wallace broke in.

Giuliani said that the World Trade Center made the most sense to house an emergency response center because it also contained the offices of the Customs Service, the Secret Service, and a number of other federal agencies which he did not think he could name on the air.

Giuliani also emphasized that the city had a back up center in a Brooklyn police station that could be set up quickly.

"And we had a virtual command center," he said. "So when that command center was inoperable, within a half hour of September 11, we were able to move -- or within a half hour on September 11, we were able to move immediately to another command center."

Gold9472
05-13-2007, 08:17 PM
Why would the residents of a destroyed building be something Giuliani felt obligated not to "name on the air?"

AuGmENTor
05-13-2007, 08:32 PM
Is that a rhetorical question, or do you have an answer for us?

Gold9472
05-13-2007, 08:37 PM
I'm asking the question out loud. Why would the occupants of a destroyed building be classified?

AuGmENTor
05-13-2007, 09:09 PM
I don't think he should be allowed to go any further until he is accountable for that shitty answer. And what sux is he wont be made to answer that. Whose on American Idol this week?

Gold9472
05-14-2007, 08:53 AM
http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2001/trade.center/tenants7.html

Salomon Smith Barney
Internal Revenue Service
U.S. Secret Service
American Express Bank International
Standard Chartered Bank
Provident Financial Management
ITT Hartford Insurance Group
First State Management Group, Inc
Federal Home Loan Bank