PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe I'm gonna register as a Republican! agg!

al uh looyah
05-11-2007, 01:43 AM
It's true. I'm registering soon to become a Republican so I can vote in Calif's primary for Ron Paul!!!

check out the new flyer! the high res download and printing and POSTING IN YOU NEIGHBORHOOD!!! is here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?bneezmomdjd

http://www.brainphreak.net/theblackpacket/ronpaulfront.jpg
http://www.brainphreak.net/theblackpacket/ronpaulback.jpg

I'm pretty excited about a politician, what a strange feeling. huh.

PhilosophyGenius
05-11-2007, 01:52 AM
Yeah but Paul isn't going to win and you wont be able to vote in the Democratic primaries unless you do paper work to switch.

But the funny this will be that when you vote for a Dem in 08, on paper it's gonna look like a Republican voted for a Democrat....lol

al uh looyah
05-11-2007, 01:57 AM
why would i ever ever ever vote for a democrat?

currently i'm registered Green.

PhilosophyGenius
05-11-2007, 02:05 AM
Oh, I assumed you were a dem. You'd (meaning anyone who doesn't like Bush policies) pretty much have to vote for the democrats now since they're the opposition party. Let's face it, voting for Nader is vote wasted which could have gotten Gore in office.

al uh looyah
05-11-2007, 02:30 AM
Election Fraud kept Gore out of office, not Nader.

somebigguy
05-11-2007, 08:10 AM
Go for it Al!!! Support Ron Paul.

Gold9472
05-11-2007, 09:59 AM
Election Fraud kept Gore out of office, not Nader.

Election Fraud, and the Supreme Court.

werther
05-11-2007, 11:34 AM
I can't believe I'm gonna register as a Republican! agg!

I am doing the same thing brother!

PhilosophyGenius
05-11-2007, 06:08 PM
I am doing the same thing brother!

For the same reason?

I still think it's funny to register as a Republican and vote Dem so the stats look like Republicans are unhappy with there party...lol

al uh looyah
05-11-2007, 09:43 PM
that's not the point. I'm registering as a republican so I can vote for ron paul in the primary in california. I want ron paul to win the california primary. after the primary, I'll leave the republican party and perhaps go w/ libertarian or ??

kelp
05-11-2007, 11:09 PM
you don't have to be registered as a republican to vote for ron paul in the primary. you can choose whichever ballot you want.

MrDark71
05-12-2007, 07:59 AM
you don't have to be registered as a republican to vote for ron paul in the primary. you can choose whichever ballot you want.

uhhh....I always thought unless you ARE registered for that party you CAN'T vote in the primary. Thusly people will register "unloyally".

PhilosophyGenius
05-12-2007, 05:17 PM
uhhh....I always thought unless you ARE registered for that party you CAN'T vote in the primary. Thusly people will register "unloyally".

Yes, you have to be registed for a certain party in order to vote in the primaries. Other wise all the Democrates would vote for the weakest candidate and vice versa.

kelp
05-12-2007, 11:51 PM
that's exactly what just happened in my town. it's heavy republican with a democratic mayor. i was asked which party's ballot i wanted. many reps chose the dem ballot just to vote him out. he lost. that's a democracy.

PhilosophyGenius
05-13-2007, 01:35 AM
that's exactly what just happened in my town. it's heavy republican with a democratic mayor. i was asked which party's ballot i wanted. many reps chose the dem ballot just to vote him out. he lost. that's a democracy.

How did he get elected in the first place?

kelp
05-13-2007, 01:34 PM
at that time, most agreed we needed change. he was young and intelligent with many progressive ideas. unfortunately, he ended up being very egotistical; wouldn't compromise on anything. but mainly, he blew a huge wad of our money. i'm a registered republican, but i voted democrat to vote for him in that primary.

PhilosophyGenius
05-13-2007, 06:28 PM
shit happens