PDA

View Full Version : After Speaking Truth To Power, ABC Unable To Come To Contractual Agreement With Rosie

Gold9472
04-25-2007, 11:31 AM
After blogging on 9/11 and talking about impeachment, ABC announces can't reach agreement for Rosie to stay on 'View'

http://rawstory.com/news/2007/Outspoken_ODonnell_wont_stay_on_The_0425.html

Published: Wednesday April 25, 2007

"ABC daytime has announced it was unable to come to a contractual agreement with 'The View' co-host Rosie O'Donnell," ABC News reports today. "As a result, her duties on the show will come to an end mid-June."

O'Donnell has been perhaps the most outspoken liberal on the show. Of late, she has often discussed the impeachment of President George W. Bush. Speaking about the US attorney scandal, she said, "It's Watergate exponentially increased, because Watergate was Nixon and a bunch of guys who broke into his competitor's building to see what their plans were."

"...That's mob tactics," she added. "That's Tony Soprano. We’re going to lean on people. That's what the president’s doing. That’s scary."

O'Donnell also recently said on her blog she was conducting her own investigation into the events of Sept. 11, 2001.

"The falling of the twin towers served to remind me that many of the assumptions Americans have about their lives are rooted in false feelings of security," O'Donnell wrote. "In light of this reminder, I have begun doing exactly what this country, at its best, allows for me to do: inquire. Investigate. America is great in so many ways, one of which is the freedom to speak, and indeed think, freely. I have, of late, begun exercising the rights bestowed upon me by the democratic system I value, and the exercising of these rights has taken the form of an inquiry into what happened five years ago, an inquiry that resists the dominant explanations and that dares to entertain ideas that push me to the edge of what is bearable. I have come to no conclusions and, given the scope of the subject, will not for some time."

"If the very act of asking is so destabilizing for people, than I have to wonder whether the fabric of our democracy is indeed so raveled it is beyond salvage," she added. "My own belief is that the act of asking is itself reparative, because it brings to life the values on which our constitution rests. I am, therefore, pledging my allegiance, hand over heart, trying, as always, for a rigorous truth."

ABC made no mention of impeachment or 9/11 talk in their article announcing her departure.

Excerpts.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The president of daytime programming for the Disney-ABC Television Group, Brian Frons, told ABCNEWS.com, "Going in we knew we would have an amazing year with her, and that anything beyond that would be gravy. But we were willing to take the chance because we understood what a coup it was to entice Ro back to daytime television. So here we are a year later, and while we've tried to come to terms on a deal that would extend her co-hosting duties on 'The View,' we find ourselves unable to agree on some key elements."

O'Donnell has been the recent subject of headlines for her ongoing feud with Donald Trump, and media speculation over her departure from "The View."

The real estate mogul and O'Donnell tussled after O'Donnell called him "a snake oil salesman," after he announced he would not fire scandal-plagued Miss USA Tara Conner. Trump threatened to sue O'Donnell, but later backed down.