PDA

View Full Version : Moyers on Maher

MrDark71
04-25-2007, 09:25 AM
Just in case someone missed it...Bill Moyers was on Maher this week and well....just watch...I love this guy.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1887552699586360777&q=bill+maher+bill+moyers&hl=en

MrDark71
04-25-2007, 09:41 AM
I like the line "it took us less time to defeat the Nazi's in WW2" ..it kinda sums up why we have "lost this war" The Bush administration failed to properly engage the enemy (as if there was one). Plain and simple. In WW2 we kicked ass on 3 continents ....defeating 2 of the most powerful and organized armies of that day....ON THEIR TURF! It's just another sad example of half assed workmanship. We spent what $360 billion on this war? ...and we still can't seem to get those new IED proof vehicles over there? ...why didn't GM get one of those huge federal contracts, shut down the Buick plants and start pumping out the tools our soldiers need?

werther
04-25-2007, 02:59 PM
of course the outcome of the ww2 would have been different had the russians not had the eastern front. To say that we (Americans) won the war is a horrible over-simplification. 27+ million russians died in that war. 27 million. The battle for Moscow alone saw almost 1 million russian soldiers dead. That battle lasted only about 6 months.

AuGmENTor
04-25-2007, 03:01 PM
The battle for Moscow alone saw almost 1 million russian soldiers dead. That battle lasted only about 6 months. *Raises eyebrows* "You saw?" Are you that old? Huh, I wouldn'ta thought so...

MrDark71
04-25-2007, 04:36 PM
So we were fighting the 'other' Nazi's in Africa and Europe....I see...ohhh...btw....did those Russians also fight the Empire of Japan at the same time...uhhh..no.

werther
04-25-2007, 05:06 PM
Augmentor -I am not sure I understand your response, I am not inferring that 'I' saw but rather the 'battle' saw .......

Darky -Again I was not stating that the russians won the war and we took the credit but rather that we did not do it alone. Since the Germans had an enemy in the East that had an endless supply of manpower and said enemy (if able to overcome Germany's defenses) could throw Germany through the ringer, Germany had to send massive amounts of troops and weoponry to the east. If this threat was not there, the US and its allies would have had a lot more to contend with.

werther
04-25-2007, 05:09 PM
-by the way I did enjoy the video!

werther
04-25-2007, 05:11 PM
Actually I am in Germany right now.

AuGmENTor
04-25-2007, 05:22 PM
What I found intesting was all the other videos that came up with this one. For instance this little nugget about area 51 and the alien interview. It doesn't get good until about half way in. I say that because in the beginning there are frequent "re-enactments" and I can't stand those as they detract from the presentation IMO. But give it a look and tell me what you think...
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2115337720977082526&q=bill+maher+bill+moyers&hl=en

AuGmENTor
04-25-2007, 05:27 PM
Augmentor -I am not sure I understand your response, I am not inferring that 'I' saw but rather the 'battle' saw .......

Just me being a penis. Can't help it, so sorry matey.

werther
04-25-2007, 06:23 PM
I watched it and gotta say without all the yapping if you were to just show me the video I would laugh you out of the room. The movements do very much resemble a puppet and it is very strange that all the limbs are hidden. However, with all the other dialouge throughout the broadcast I start to think "maybe it is real".

The disclosure project (http://www.yourbbsucks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11264&highlight=disclosure+project)video really blew my mind though.

AuGmENTor
04-25-2007, 06:26 PM
Yeah I love that video (The DP) Did you see the one with the guy, I think his name was Greer? Dr. Greer. I found it once like a year ago, (maybe more recently) and have never seen it again. They should all be part of the YBBS video collection, IMO.

werther
04-25-2007, 06:28 PM
no I don't think I have seen that one....isn't greer in the DP video?
Anyways, if you do come across that video I would love to watch it.

AuGmENTor
04-25-2007, 06:36 PM
nah, Greer WAS the guy from DP. Shit, I can't remember the name of it. It was either B&W or grainy low quality color. It looked old, but it wasn't. You know cuz the guy refrences events as recent as the mid 90's. Pretty sure he was smokin cigarettes at the podium. I posted this in the hopes that one of YOU saw it, and will direct us to it...

PhilosophyGenius
04-25-2007, 06:53 PM
I like the line "it took us less time to defeat the Nazi's in WW2" ..it kinda sums up why we have "lost this war"

That certainly puts things into perceptive.