PDA

View Full Version : The Sheer Hypocrisy of CBS Firing Don Imus

aceace
04-13-2007, 07:01 PM
http://www.savethemales.ca/001987.html

By Henry Makow Ph.D.
When Don Imus referred to a Black women's basketball team as "nappy headed hos" he was using the Black rapper term ("hos") that CBS-owner Viacom has helped make part of the vernacular.

Viacom, (http://www.cjr.org/tools/owners/viacom.asp) also owns MTV and VHS which plays this rap music. Viacom also owns "Famous Music," which publishes and markets the work of hip-hop and rap artists who portray Black women as "bitches" and "hoes." A cursory search (http://www.famousmusic.com/musicsource/musicsource.cfm?MODULE=EXPLORER&SESSIONID=104739) yielded this couplet from Rapper "Cadillac Tah":

Bitches come, bitches go
But little do they know we don't love them ho's ("Come and Go")

So Imus is double victimized by CBS's owners. First they popularize a derogatory expression, and then they fire him for using it.

(entire article at link, very interesting)

PhilosophyGenius
04-13-2007, 07:17 PM
I was watching like 15 minutes (of the hour long confrence) held by the coach of that team emotionally talking about how she experienced real racism growing up and that the girls of the team are all bright and amazing and how they're the future of this country and were brought down by Iums. Then I was thinking, "WTF!? All Imus did was call them 'nappy haired ho's. So fucking what?" What ever happened to people in this country growing up tough? In the schools that I went to, if someone called me a 'nappy haired ho' that would be considered a compliment (I'm not black btw).

People need to just chill the fuck out. I understand the need for political correctness but this is just rediculous.

And btw, if the coach is really against sexism and Sharpton is really against racism, the 2 of them should team up and go after rap music.

AuGmENTor
04-13-2007, 08:11 PM
I was watching like 15 minutes (of the hour long confrence) held by the coach of that team emotionally talking about how she experienced real racism growing up and that the girls of the team are all bright and amazing and how they're the future of this country and were brought down by Iums. Then I was thinking, "WTF!? All Imus did was call them 'nappy haired ho's. So fucking what?" What ever happened to people in this country growing up tough? In the schools that I went to, if someone called me a 'nappy haired ho' that would be considered a compliment (I'm not black btw). I watched tha bile inducing press confrence as well. BLECH!

What pissed me off about the whole thing was, if MSNBC wanted to can him (as is their right) they could have waited until the fundraiser for the ranch that Imus runs for kids with cancer and blood diseases to get done. I am not really surprised by the end result. People with money are douches. The second they saw they were losing sponsors, it was over Jonny.

AuGmENTor
04-13-2007, 08:31 PM
Condoleezza Rice: I'm glad Imus was fired

Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:57pm ET
http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=politicsNews&storyid=2007-04-13T215538Z_01_N13229123_RTRUKOC_0_US-USA-RACE-IMUS-RICE.xml&src=rss&rpc=22

(AuGmENTor: Why doe this not surprise me one fuckin bit?)
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said on Friday that radio host Don Imus' comments about the Rutgers University women's basketball team were "disgusting" and she was pleased he was fired.

Imus called the women players "nappy-headed hos" -- racist, sexist remarks that resulted in a barrage of protests and ultimately in the outspoken host losing his CBS Radio show, which was also televised.

"I'm very glad that there was, in fact, a consequence. I think that this kind of coarse language doesn't belong anywhere in reasonable dialogue between reasonable people," Rice said in an interview with syndicated radio show host Michael Medved.

Rice, the first black female U.S. Secretary of State and a former college professor, said the young women Imus targeted were fine athletes trying their best.
"It gets ruined by this disgusting -- and I'll use the word 'disgusting' -- comment which doesn't belong in any polite company and certainly doesn't belong on any radio station that I would listen to," she added.

Asked how she handled racist, sexist comments directed her way, Rice laughed and replied: "I'm a big girl. I can take care of myself. And I really don't care because, you know, I'm a mature woman."

beltman713
04-13-2007, 08:41 PM
Yeah, she's the pot calling the kettle black. (No pun intended)

She should have been MORE than fired a long time ago.

Chana3812
04-13-2007, 09:06 PM
College educated women being called "ho's" - isn't that just Snappy.

FUCK IMUS - there is too much hatred in this world, and he is part of the problem. If you're not a white, anglo-saxon protestant, you're a target for hatred.

Hope everyone learns a lesson from this one. What he did was wrong, and it has nothing to do with rap music.

AuGmENTor
04-13-2007, 09:16 PM

FUCK IMUS - there is too much hatred in this world, and he is part of the problem. If you're not a white, anglo-saxon protestant, you're a target for hatred.

Hope everyone learns a lesson from this one. What he did was wrong, and it has nothing to do with rap music.Yeah cuz nobody EVER hates on us. Go listen to some of th militant black radio and some of the shit they talk. HAte is a fact. Do I agree with what he said? No. Do I think he had the right to say it under the constitution?? YES. Freedom of speech. Don't like it? CHANGE THE FUCKING CHANNEL!

aceace
04-13-2007, 09:24 PM

Hope everyone learns a lesson from this one. What he did was wrong, and it has nothing to do with rap music.

No one - including Makow - ever said that what Imus did was right. The article states that CBS owned by Viacom promotes degradation toward women by promoting and selling rap music. That is HYPOCRISY! Maybe you should read the entire article before commenting. Imus is 66 yrs old and grew up while racism was still pretty rampant throughout the U.S. This is not an excuse for him but more of an explanation as to why he said what he said. There are far worse people in this world than an old radio host.

Here's a video for all those that can't see the black racism.
http://poststuff5.entensity.net/040907/media.php?media=blackhitler.wmv

Chana3812
04-13-2007, 09:31 PM
There are far worse people in this world than an old radio host.

Yeah, like that dog shit Bill Oreilly and cat crap Glen Beck!! I wish they would get canned & banned!!

BTW - I read the article - Yes, hypocrisy is everywhere and it sucks.

AuGmENTor
04-13-2007, 09:33 PM
No one - including Makow - ever said that what Imus did was right. The article states that CBS owned by Viacom promotes degradation toward women by promoting and selling rap music. That is HYPOCRISY! Maybe you should read the entire article before commenting. Imus is 66 yrs old and grew up while racism was still pretty rampant throughout the U.S. This is not an excuse for him but more of an explanation as to why he said what he said. There are far worse people in this world than an old radio host.Thank you Greg. I agree. I don't even LIKE fuckin Imus. IMO he's a hack. But blacks want to be able to say what they want, and have free speech, but God forbid WE do. Al Sharpton, the self appointed leader of the negroes (WTF IS his real job anyway?) Was embroiled in the Twana Brawly scandal right here in the town I live in back in the 80's. He lied and it cam out. Yet the brothers still follow this guy. The only people bothered by this were entitled blacks and guilty whites. Bottom line is, when you apologize, you give them the power to come after you. Jesse Jackson went on to say how he wanted to see a vlack anchor on msnbc. The fucking nerve of these ppl. I have no prefrence to black or white ppl. I could care less what you're skin color is. An asshole is an asshole...

Chana3812
04-13-2007, 09:38 PM
The fucking nerve of these ppl.

which people?? Blacks??

AuGmENTor
04-13-2007, 09:51 PM
Whoever it is that thinks it is ok to remove free speech. Without regard to ethnic background. What about my last post was it you didn't understand? Chana, in the intrest of fairness, and to be completely honest with you, I have no desire to debate you on any topic at all. I am sorry I even engaged you here. I feel we are too diametrically opposed to argue constructively on ANY topic. Not to mention, when someones shoots your sacred crows, you get personal. So please forget I even posted here. I will try to avoid replying to your posts in the future, and would appreciate it if you extended me the same courtesy. Thanx so much in advance.

Chana3812
04-13-2007, 10:42 PM
No problemo - so much for free speech, eh?

MrDark71
04-14-2007, 12:54 AM
Is it just me...or are you folks turning this into a free speech issue...or a racial issue? It's niether. We live in America. No one tossed that ole coot in jail for the "ho" comment. HE WAS FIRED! Just as anyone in this country would be if at work made a racial (or other) comment derogatory or not. So...CBS has every right to fire Imus...just as Imus has every right to talk about ho's. What right of free speech was taken from him?...or from us? Since we are all in a tizzy over this.....where were all the pundits sticking up for gays when Coulter made her comment?

AuGmENTor
04-14-2007, 04:45 AM
Is it just me...or are you folks turning this into a free speech issue...or a racial issue? It's niether. We live in America. No one tossed that ole coot in jail for the "ho" comment. HE WAS FIRED! Just as anyone in this country would be if at work made a racial (or other) comment derogatory or not. So...CBS has every right to fire Imus...just as Imus has every right to talk about ho's. What right of free speech was taken from him?...or from us? Since we are all in a tizzy over this.....where were all the pundits sticking up for gays when Coulter made her comment?Wow Dark, good point. Never thought of it that way. He certainly has his free speech, but CBS has decided they don't want him to have it over their airwaves, which is their right (wich I believe I said before...) I guess when those nappy headed losers ( and SORE ones if you ask me) got up there and one said she was scarred for life, I kinda lost the ability to look at it objectively. I was just pissed over the whole kid cancer thing.

AuGmENTor
04-14-2007, 04:48 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that it is the brothers turning this into a free speech issue. But I guess thats their right to do as well...

AuGmENTor
04-14-2007, 04:53 AM
No problemo - so much for free speech, eh?Nice try... In what way have I infringed upon your free speech? I am exercising my right to not be bothered with people I don't like. You are free to say what you want to who you want. I can't actually stop you from posting in response to mine. I just kinda asked you not to. Whether or not you choose to continue to is your right.

MrDark71
04-14-2007, 08:55 AM
I'll have to agree Auggie...Bill Maher made the same point last night. How many people would have even heard about it if it wasn't "made" into a big deal? Regardless of the comments by a hack...these players should only remember their achievements.

MrDark71
04-14-2007, 08:58 AM
as far as the kid cancer thing...it's like Former NJ Governor Whitman's 300 acre property that she paid $400 in annual property taxes because her gardener Raul sold some tomatoes in a stand...it's a tax shelter and vacation resort for 2 weeks out of the year...and Imusland the rest of the time...please forgive me if i don't feel bad for Imus's ranch.

AuGmENTor
04-14-2007, 09:01 AM
as far as the kid cancer thing...it's like Former NJ Governor Whitman's 300 acre property that she paid $400 in annual property taxes because her gardener Raul sold some tomatoes in a stand...it's a tax shelter and vacation resort for 2 weeks out of the year...and Imusland the rest of the time...please forgive me if i don't feel bad for Imus's ranch.This is why I post here. These are the things I find out about that otherwise I wouldn't know. Thanx again Dark one... LOL

MrDark71
04-14-2007, 09:26 AM
btw...if you get a chance...Rev.Al totally redeemed himself last night on Bill Maher. I'm not a huge Al fan to say the least (Tawana)...but I admire his passions and civil rights convictions. Remember ...without Sharpton...the civil rights movement is MTVcribs.

Chana3812
04-14-2007, 02:28 PM
Without checks and balances in the major network news organizations i.e. the Firing of Imus, imagine listening to the news and Brian Williams saying

"Well, we turn to news in the Middle East, those damn camel niggers were at it again. But the kikes in Israel tried to fight back, but we were all blessed with the nappy headed hos giving some good head."

There you have it, Aug - my sacred crows

:seeya:

AuGmENTor
04-15-2007, 11:31 AM
(AuGmENTor: Keep in mind, the man in this interview is black... But lets hear him out anyway. LOL)

This was a hilarious exchange between Patrice O'Neal and Sean Hannity about the Don Imus situation.
He's actually got some good points and insights on the situation.
Here's a few highlights:

HANNITY: They've commented to NBC in New York, and they're furious.

O'NEAL: Of course. That ain't the real...

HANNITY: These are their words.

O'NEAL: What do you think they really said when they heard that? They didn't go, "Oh, that's outrageous." They went, "I know you didn't call me no nappy-headed ho!" That's what they said. "I know that cracker didn't say nappy-headed ho!" That's what they said. There wasn't outraged.

.................................................. .................................

COLMES: Was it funny what Imus said? Was it funny?

O'NEAL: To say "nappy-headed ho" is hilarious.

(CROSSTALK)

O'NEAL: But in context of a comic, you should be able to explore any words you want to say. He messed up.

COLMES: Would it be different if a black person said it?

O'NEAL: Of course. I can say nappy-headed ho all day. But I want to be able to call white girls straight-headed hos any time I feel like it. Anytime.

COLMES: Would you?

O'NEAL: Of course!

COLMES: And should you be punished for it?

O'NEAL: Of course not.

thumper
04-15-2007, 02:50 PM
http://www.savethemales.ca/001987.html

By Henry Makow Ph.D.
When Don Imus referred to a Black women's basketball team as "nappy headed hos" he was using the Black rapper term ("hos") that CBS-owner Viacom has helped make part of the vernacular.

Viacom, (http://www.cjr.org/tools/owners/viacom.asp) also owns MTV and VHS which plays this rap music. Viacom also owns "Famous Music," which publishes and markets the work of hip-hop and rap artists who portray Black women as "bitches" and "hoes." A cursory search (http://www.famousmusic.com/musicsource/musicsource.cfm?MODULE=EXPLORER&SESSIONID=104739) yielded this couplet from Rapper "Cadillac Tah":

Bitches come, bitches go
But little do they know we don't love them ho's ("Come and Go")

So Imus is double victimized by CBS's owners. First they popularize a derogatory expression, and then they fire him for using it.

(entire article at link, very interesting)Henry Makow is awesome! been reading that guy for a long time

AuGmENTor
04-18-2007, 09:25 PM
What's fucked up is if that sicko in VA had done that shit last week, Imus would still have a job....