PDA

View Full Version : Kissinger, Other Former Top U.S. Diplomats Endorse McCain

Gold9472
04-11-2007, 11:06 AM
Kissinger, other former top US diplomats endorse McCain

http://rawstory.com/news/afp/Kissinger_other_former_top_US_diplo_04102007.html

Published: Tuesday April 10, 2007

Henry Kissinger and three other former US secretaries of state have endorsed Republican Senator John McCain in his bid for the presidency, his campaign team said on Tuesday.

"The world's challenges are radically changing and our country needs John McCain's experience and optimism," said Kissinger, former national security adviser and secretary of state under presidents Richard Nixon and Gerald Ford.

"His record, character, and belief that America's best days lie ahead make John McCain the right leader for these times," said Kissinger in a statement cited by McCain's campaign team.

McCain has also won support from Alexander Haig and George Shultz, who served as secretaries of state under former president Ronald Reagan, and Lawrence Eagleburger, who was secretary of state under ex-president George H.W. Bush, father of the current president.

Once considered the favorite on the Republican side in the 2008 US presidential race, McCain has been lagging in opinion polls and fundraising.

McCain is an outspoken supporter of the unpopular war Iraq but Kissinger and Eagleburger have said in recent months that a military victory appears out of reach.

Eagleburger participated in the blue-ribbon Iraq Study Group that called for withdrawing most combat troops from Iraq by early 2008.

PhilosophyGenius
04-11-2007, 05:02 PM
McCain is pretty much done in his White House bid.

I forgot who said this but McCain was against Bush when he was popular and supports Bush when he's not. LOL

beltman713
04-11-2007, 07:55 PM
Gee, as if you didn't have enough reasons to vote against McCain.

MrDark71
04-12-2007, 08:11 AM
"Kissingering" McCain worries me. He seems like the only viable GOP candidate...until now.

PhilosophyGenius
04-12-2007, 05:24 PM
"Kissingering" McCain worries me. He seems like the only viable GOP candidate...until now.

You thought McCain is a viable candidate? He's a nice guy, horrible politician.

beltman713
04-12-2007, 05:26 PM
You thought McCain is a viable candidate? He's a nice guy, horrible politician.
I heard he was an asshole.

PhilosophyGenius
04-12-2007, 05:34 PM
How so?

beltman713
04-12-2007, 06:19 PM
Do you know him?

Gold9472
04-12-2007, 06:25 PM
John McCain endorsed Popular Mechanics book against the 9/11 Truth Movement. I have nothing but contempt for him.

beltman713
04-12-2007, 07:17 PM
Yeah, I just remember reading somewhere that someone who met, or knew McCain, said he was a total asshole. He was real short tempered when he didn't get his way. I don't remember where I read it.