PDA

View Full Version : So evidently its illegal to call someone gay over the internets...

thumper
04-02-2007, 02:50 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=445996&in_page_id=1770

Police send four police officers to tackle boy, 11, who called schoolmate 'gay'

When two policemen turned up unannounced at Alan Rawlinson's home asking to speak to his young son, the company director feared something serious had happened.

So he was astounded when the officers detailed 11-year-old George's apparent crime - calling one of his schoolfriends 'gay'.

They said primary school pupil, George, was being investigated for a 'very serious' homophobic crime after using the comment in an e-mail to a 10-year-old classmate.

But now his parents have hit out at the police, who they accused of being heavy-handed and pandering to political correctness.

"It is completely ridiculous," Mr Rawlinson said.

"I thought the officers were joking at first, but they told me they considered it a very serious offence.

"The politically correct brigade are taking over. This seemed like a huge waste of resources for something so trivial as a playground spat."

Cheshire police launched the investigation last month after a complaint from the parents of the 10-year-old younger boy who received George's e-mail.

They said their son had been called a 'gay boy' and were concerned that there was more to the comment than playground banter and that their child was being bullied.

As a consequence, two officers were sent to the boys' school, Farnworth Primary, in Widnes, Cheshire, to speak to the headteacher who directed them to the Rawlinsons' home in nearby St Helens, Merseyside.

George told his parents that the comment was in no way meant to be homophobic and that he had simply been using the word gay instead of 'stupid'.http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/03_03/RawlinsonDM0104_468x550.jpg

PhilosophyGenius
04-02-2007, 06:37 PM
All this politcally correct stuff is pissing me off. Mom is kinda sexy though.

thumper
04-02-2007, 09:50 PM
the reaction is the action

MrDark71
04-03-2007, 08:19 AM
Which one is gay?...I put $25 on the one with frosted hair.

Chana3812
04-03-2007, 09:49 AM
But Ann Colter can say that Al Gore is a "total faggot" ???

What am I missing here??

thumper
04-03-2007, 06:01 PM
she said the same thing about my puppies because they were sitting next to eachother and wearing cowboy hats, a la brokeback mountain :(

Chana3812
04-03-2007, 10:13 PM
those are some damn cute puppies :)

thumper
04-04-2007, 12:32 AM
check out their video :)