PDA

View Full Version : Tony Snow Questioned About Whether 9/11 Was A Criminal Act By Bush - Video Inside

Gold9472
03-23-2007, 10:37 PM
Tony Snow Questioned About Whether 9/11 Was A Criminal Act By Bush

Video
Click Here (rtsp://video.c-span.org/60days/whpb032207.rm)

Transcript
Click Here (http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2007/03/20070322-4.html)

Q Then you had the 9/11 Commission, we're having conversations, nothing under oath. And now this.

MR. SNOW: Well, wait a minute. The 9/11 Commission, number one, was authorized by Congress and signed by the President and supported by the administration. What we were trying to do was, again, to avoid the kind of precedent that we're talking about now, which is to bring senior aides up under oath. So what you ended up having were, in fact -- I think they were categorized as briefings. They used that particular -- they used that formulation for precisely the same reasons I'm talking about now.

So I don't think this is a matter of transparency. This is a matter of trying to have -- what do you mean? Condoleezza Rice was on there and she was facing tough questioning from Richard BenVeniste --

Q But certain people -- the Vice President and the President would not testify under oath. You had "conversations" at that time. And there's a --

MR. SNOW: Yes. That's perfectly appropriate.

Q You used the word "avoid." There is an avoidance, it seems, of this administration to sit down and talk on the record, under oath, about critical issues.

MR. SNOW: What you're saying is that every time somebody wants to try to mount a charge you ought to be able to get hauled up and testify under oath, with a presumption of criminality, rather than a presumption of goodwill. I'm not going to buy that.

Q Was it criminal, 9/11 -- was that criminal?

MR. SNOW: No. What I'm saying is that the 9/11 Commission, we participated fully.

Gold9472
03-23-2007, 10:58 PM
Wow... watch him. Watch the smug look on his face when this reporter starts pushing him on 9/11. It starts at around 18:23. Watch him smile.

werther
03-23-2007, 11:02 PM
I started to watch and noticed that the thing ran about 40 minutes...about what time is Snow asked about the 9-11 commission?

werther
03-23-2007, 11:08 PM
nevermind....about 18:25

Gold9472
03-23-2007, 11:27 PM
Reporter: Mr. President, why are you and the Vice President insisting on appearing together before the 9/11 Commission?

Bush: Because the 9/11 Commish,.. the 9/11 Commission wants to ask us questions that's why we're meeting, and I look forward to meeting with them, and answering their questions.

Reporter: I was asking why you're appearing together rather than separately, which was their request.

Bush: Because it's a good chance for both of us to answer questions that the 9/11 Commission is... uh... looking forward to asking us, and I'm looking forward to answering them.

Incidentally, I was trying to find the transcript of when the Jersey Girls appeared on Hardball, and said, "Don't you think they should be able to stand up and speak their own words?" The one transcript (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4696092/) I found that is listed as April 8th, 2004 doesn't have any mention of it.