PDA

View Full Version : SELLING OUT AMERICA:By approving creation of the WTO/U.S. membership in the body

OrlandoMary
04-24-2005, 11:47 AM
SELLING OUT AMERICA: By approving creation of the WTO, and U.S. membership in the body, Congress effectively nullified elements of the Constitution...

"...During the December 1994 lame-duck session of Congress in which the WTO was approved, Republican House Leader Newt Gingrich –- a backer of the WTO –- admitted that membership in the global trade body was a surrender of U.S. sovereignty:

I am just saying that we need to be honest about the fact that we are transferring from the United States at a practical level significant authority to a new organization. This is a transformational moment. I would feel better if the people who favor this would just be honest about the scale of change.... This is not just another trade agreement. This is adopting something which twice, once in the 1940s and once in the 1950s, the U.S. Congress rejected. I am not even saying that we should reject it; I, in fact, lean toward it. But I think we have to be very careful, because it is a very big transfer of power....

THE NEW AMERICAN

Of Geese, Ganders, and Globalism
by William Norman Grigg
April 23, 2005

The World Trade Organization's ruling against Utah's gambling laws is a small but telling illustration of the ongoing globalist assault on American sovereignty.

Gambling is illegal in Utah, Hawaii, and a number of other states. Whether this policy is wise or whimsical, it is indisputably constitutional. The powers reserved to the states, described by James Madison as "numerous and indefinite," certainly include the power to regulate or criminalize gambling and other vices.

On April 7, the Geneva-based World Trade Organization (WTO) upheld a complaint by Antigua that state laws against gambling are an impermissible impediment to the tiny island nation’s Internet gambling industry. At one point, Antigua had a reasonably robust agricultural sector, producing primarily bananas and sugar. Those industries were decimated, in large measure, because of an earlier WTO ruling. As was the case for Nevada when the Comstock lode played out, Antigua turned to gambling (as well as dodgy off-shore banking) as a revenue source. [much more]

http://www.thenewamerican.com/artman/publish/printer_1287.shtml

OrlandoMary
www.maryschneider.us