PDA

View Full Version : Fired Prosecutors.....

MrDark71
03-20-2007, 09:53 AM
I've been keeping up with this nonsense the best I can with the overwhelming amount of vague and convoluded coverage in the news. From what I can tell...this "firing wave" is not new to any administration. The problem seems to be the focus of investigations these prosecutors were conducting. Anyone know what these cases were pertaining to?

JerseyJay
03-20-2007, 02:50 PM
This firing wave is new in that it's happening in the middle of Bush's administration. It's common for the incoming administration to clean house where the USDA's are concerned. Doing it now is what caught people's attention.

One DA, Carol Lam, nailed Duke Cunningham and was looking at Rep. Jerry Lewis and others. Another, Bud Cummins, was pushed out to make way for Rove's next protege, some worm named Tim Griffin.

There's nothing these criminals won't do to hold onto power.

PhilosophyGenius
03-20-2007, 05:40 PM
The fired prosecuters were fired because they were investigating (or preparing to investigate) republicans, things like that. In the Patriot Act it allows Bush to replace those prosecuters without any confirmation, another thing pissing off Congress.

MrDark71
03-20-2007, 06:18 PM
Apparently as the day progresses.....several of the fired attorney's were investigating election issues and immigration issues. So far...