PDA

View Full Version : Attitude Controls Perception

Christophera
01-28-2007, 04:14 PM
The fact that attitude controls perception is not widely known, but I've run it by a few psychologists and after a few moments of reflection, they agreed.

What this means is that if an attitude is assimilated by a group of people, they will collectively reinforce whatever they percieve.

Someone provided a story once, which makes perfect sense and I do believe it was actually a research project at one time.

A room full of monkeys. A ladder stands under a banana which is tied to the ceiling. A venturesome sapien ascends the ladder to get the banana and a fire hose is turned on the rest of the monkeys. This happens a few times. Soon the monkeys attack the ladder climbing monkey. That monkey will no longer climb the ladder.

Another monkey who will climb ladders is brought in. As soon as it attempts to climb the ladder the monkeys attack it. Soon it will no longer climb ladders.

What can we learn from this story?

Before answering, consider explaining also, what the purpose of ridicule is and where it comes from.

AuGmENTor
01-28-2007, 05:14 PM
What can we learn from this story? Not to eat bananas?

MrDark71
01-29-2007, 12:00 AM
Primate researchers are exploring sadisitic watersport fetishes?

Christophera
01-29-2007, 02:21 AM
I contend we get a situation where the concrete core cannot or will not be discussed rationally at the Loose Change forum, at Let's Roll, at democraticunderground, GNN or here.

But the only web page on the planet that has a realistic explanation for free fall and total pulverization shows how the concrete core makes those things possible and has images of concrete in the core area. (http://amanzafar.no-ip.com/WTC/wtc41.JPG) But, .......... no one will discuss it anywhere.