PDA

View Full Version : FBI closes case on Bin Laden

Chana3812
01-25-2007, 09:42 PM
NEED SOME HELP, please

About 6-8 months ago, I'm sure I saw a story with the caption "FBI closes case on Bin Laden" (or very similar title) .... regarding the fact that the FBI had no solid evidence on Bin Laden for 9/11, (even though the Bush Assmin considered the Fake confession tape enough reason to go to war) so the FBI CLOSED the case against OBL.

Today, I was preaching the truth about 9/11 and the FBI case, etc.... so I googled this to prove my point and NOTHING CAME UP. Nothing regarding "Closing the case against BinLaden"

Does anyone have this in memory or something. I know this story existed once upon a time ...

appreciate your help

Chana

beltman713
01-25-2007, 09:48 PM
http://www.rawstory.com/news/2006/CIA_closes_down_unit_that_was_0703.html

CIA closes down unit that was hunting Bin Laden

RAW STORY
Published: Monday July 3, 2006

Print This | Email This

The CIA has closed down a secret unit that for a decade had the mission of hunting Osama bin Laden and his top lieutenants, intelligence officials said Monday, the NEW YORK TIMES reports Tuesday. Full story here; Excerpts follow.
#

The terrorist tracking unit, known inside the spy agency as "Alec station," was disbanded late last year and its analysts reassigned to other offices within the CIA's Counterterrorist Center, the officials said.

The decision is a milestone of sorts for the agency, which created the unit before Osama bin Laden became a household name and bolstered its ranks after the Sept. 11 attacks, when President Bush pledged to bring bin Laden to justice "dead or alive."

The realignment reflects a view that al-Qaida is no longer as hierarchical as it once was, intelligence officials said, as well as growing concern about al-Qaida-inspired groups that have begun carrying out attacks independent of bin Laden and his top deputy, Ayman al-Zawahiri.

CIA officials said that tracking bin Laden and his deputies remains a high priority, and that the decision to disband the unit is not a sign that the effort has slackened. Instead, the officials said, the realignment reflects a belief that the agency can better deal with high-level threats by focusing on regional trends rather than on specific organizations or individuals.

Chana3812
01-25-2007, 09:57 PM
tanks a lot :)

MrDark71
01-26-2007, 12:57 PM
....well...without John O'Neill they had no case. Thanks Jerome!