01-23-2007, 10:12 PM
Why are they clapping?

royster
01-23-2007, 10:28 PM
They have V.D.

PhilosophyGenius
01-24-2007, 05:14 PM
Clapping out of respect.

I think all of Bush's speeches are good, he's a better speaker than most people give him credit for. But the problem is that Bush always says one thing and does another, and of course makes misleading/untrue/opnionated statements and passes them off as fact. MSNBC's post show did a thing were they pointed out all his inaccuracies- there were a lot.

Overall: Bush is still a piece of shit.

Good Doctor HST
01-24-2007, 08:56 PM
Thoughts on the 2007 State of the Union:

1) I discovered I still hate Laura Bush. Was it me or did she look a little apprehensive when the black guy who saved the other guy's life in the subway went to shake her hand? She probably scrubbed her right hand with Clorox and a brillo pad right after the festivities. Laura Bush doesn't like black people.

2) George Bush went in the perfect order of things in order to garner the most applause. Start with the Pelosi-lovefest..... move to domestic policy ideas that both sides will accept...... slowly introduce the War in Iraq (but at first, don't mention it in those words, talk about defeating global terrorism AND THEN call it The War in Iraq)..... end with feel-good stories of heroes and small business models who hit it big.

3) Hillary Clinton pretty much went through the whole night with a bemused smirk on her face. She may have the qualifications and savvy to make a presidential run, but her public appearances are going to put off a whole lot of people.

4) Nancy Pelosi was loving the spotlight. She was always the first one to stand up and applaud when a pro-Democratic item was addressed, then dramatically sat on her hands when the 20,000 troop addition was brought up. Almost looked like she was controlling when and how her constituents applauded.

5) Georgie still stammers through difficult words, and easy words, but overall he remained somber and careful.... I think this was his best SOTU.

PhilosophyGenius
01-25-2007, 07:29 PM
Leno pointed out last night how when Bush talked about renewable energy and things of that nature, Cheney was snickering in the backround with a look on his face like "yeah right..."