PDA

View Full Version : Neoparanoia...don't condemn the science...just the scientists.

MrDark71
01-19-2007, 03:43 PM
I sense some distaste amongst the members concerning this "Neocon" phenomena. Correct me if I'm wrong (and I'm sure you will), this conservavtive organization is striving for a less degraded society then exists today in democratic nations. On the one hand society has sunken to new lows of selfish indulgence and one might agree with a makeover per se. On the other hand these moral issues involve closely our freedoms. I for one agree with the need to closely look at our behaviors...and the even worse media portrayal of acceptable behavior. Mind you, this "Neocon" group we have today would have Leo Strauss spinning like a camshaft with all the hypocracy they ooze, but doesn't anyone else see a need for some parameters in a day and age were sexuality is being seeped into the 2nd grade, yet adults sit idly by and watch the media exploit children...for a profit....think about that for a second.

Good Doctor HST
01-19-2007, 06:59 PM
I caught a little of Glenn Beck's show yesterday on CNN. He was going over the same material you bring up now. Sort of, "Is Girls Gone Wild and youtube videos of 14 years old fighting each other crossing the line?" Of course after that, he had on that clown Dinesh Desouza (sp?) explaining how liberals cause terrorism, but that's beside the point.....

Not everything Neoconservatism stands for is bad. I just wish Neocons practiced neoconservatism. See, I thought being conservative meant less gov't intrusion into lives and businesses plus a renewed federal fiscal responsibility. Yet how far into debt have Neocons thrust the U.S. in the last 6 years with an irresponsible war and an out-of-control Pentagon budget?

MrDark71
01-20-2007, 08:27 AM
Thanks Doc! I'm glad you have validated the credible information about the neocons. Sadly we both agree those who wear their nametags don't abide by the rules in which they represent.