PDA

View Full Version : Pakistan Receives First Of Eight Free U.S. Military Aircraft

Gold9472
01-18-2007, 11:40 AM
Pakistan receives first of eight free US military aircraft

http://rawstory.com/news/2006/Pakistan_receives_first_of_eight_fr_01182007.html

dpa German Press Agency
Published: Thursday January 18, 2007

Islamabad - The first of eight P3-C Orion reconnaissance planes being supplied free of charge by the United States to Pakistan landed Thursday at a base in Karachi, the navy said. The four-engine all-weather aircraft is designed to support anti- submarine and anti-ship operations and can carry a Harpoon missile capable of sinking vessels.

The consignment worth an estimated one billion US dollars is expected to secure the entire length of Pakistan's coastal border on the Arabian Sea.

One more plane is due to arrive in February and the rest will follow during the next three years, a naval spokesman told Deutsche Presse-Agentur dpa.

royster
01-18-2007, 11:49 AM
I wonder who the "paymaster" was on that one, and if that information is "irrelevant" (cite 9/11:Press for Truth)

AuGmENTor
01-18-2007, 11:56 AM
I'm glad you guys (the tax base of this country) are so free with your funds that you can afford to send those people weapons designed to kill people. I must have missed the thread where all of our domestic problems were solved... What do those things run? 20 million each?