PDA

View Full Version : Patty Casazza On Implementing 9/11 Commission Recommendations - Audio Inside

Gold9472
01-16-2007, 06:24 PM
Patty Casazza On Implementing 9/11 Commission Recommendations

Audio
Click Here (http://www.pbs.org/now/rss/redir/http://www-tc.pbs.org/now/rss/media/news-302.mp3)

This Week, Maria Hinojosa talks with "Jersey Girl" Patty Casazza about her reaction to Democrats' attempts to implement 9/11 Commission national security recommendations. The "Jersey Girls" are a group of women whose husbands died in the World Trade Center on September 11, 2001. Casazza is also a member of the steering committee keeping an eye on the 9/11 Commission's work. Casazza's husband John F. Casazza, a Cantor Fitzgerald employee, died at age 38. She has a teenage son.

Gold9472
01-16-2007, 07:06 PM
In regards to the commission and their recommendations...

Ugh... Ya know what? I wish I could say I totally even supported the commission's findings, but the truth is, that the commission did not fulfill their mandate. They did not include whistle-blower testimony. They did not, in fact, do all that was required... they did not... they omitted so much information on investigation. We have no idea for example, why building 7 in New York collapsed in the way it did.

In regards to Henry Kissinger...

No, I didn't feel vindicated at all. Ya know why? Because, yea, I thought it was sad. This is a former Secretary of State still very involved in what we do or don't do in the world, and it was more important for him to secure his client list than to make this nation safer. That's where it hit home for me.

In regards to United 93, and World Trade Center...

But one point that I do have a problem with some of the movies, is perhaps their accounting. I'm not sure that they're all accurate, and that's based upon the fact that, the commission didn't do a thorough job, and give us a full accounting. There were too many omissions and distortions, and people who were supposed to be interviewed by the Commission and weren't. That even with an official accounting, we don't have the truth, never mind the fabricated one on television, and I just think that thatfurther distorts the truth of that day, and the truth is the only thing that we should be concerned with at this point in time.

Will the truth ever come out?

Slowly but surely, information is being leaked, and been more forthcoming. People who were afraid of as being cast as unpatriotic for questioning anyone. More and more people have come out to tell their pieces of the story that conflict with what the official account was.