PDA

View Full Version : Ex-CIA Operative That Organized Watergate Break-In Says LBJ May Have Killed JFK

Gold9472
01-15-2007, 01:17 PM
HUNT BLAMES JFK HIT ON LBJ

http://www.nypost.com/seven/01142007/gossip/pagesix/pagesix.htm

January 14, 2007 -- E. HOWARD Hunt - the shadowy former CIA man who organized the Watergate break-in and was once eyed in the assassination of President Kennedy - bizarrely says that Lyndon Johnson could be seen as a prime suspect in the rubout.

Only the most far-out conspiracy theorists believe in scenarios like Hunt's. But in a new memoir, "American Spy: My Secret History in the CIA, Watergate & Beyond," due out in April, Hunt, 88, writes: "Having Kennedy liquidated, thus elevating himself to the presidency without having to work for it himself, could have been a very tempting and logical move on Johnson's part.

"LBJ had the money and the connections to manipulate the scenario in Dallas and is on record as having convinced JFK to make the appearance in the first place. He further tried unsuccessfully to engineer the passengers of each vehicle, trying to get his good buddy, Gov. [John] Connolly, to ride with him instead of in JFK's car - where . . . he would have been out of danger."

Hunt says Johnson also had easy access to CIA man William Harvey, who'd been demoted when he tried to have Fidel Castro poisoned in defiance of orders to drop covert operations against Cuba. Harvey was "a ruthless man who was not satisfied with his position in the CIA and its government salary," Hunt writes.

"He definitely had dreams of becoming [CIA director] and LBJ could do that for him if he were president . . . [LBJ] would have used Harvey because he was available and corrupt." Hunt denies any hand in the assassination, insisting he wasn't one of three mysterious hobos who were photographed at the scene.

On Watergate, Hunt says he saved G. Gordon Liddy from gagging on urine-tainted booze as they got ready to break into Democratic National Committee headquarters, telling him, "I know you like your scotch, but don't order it . . . Last night when we were hiding in the closet, I had to take a leak in the worst way, and when I couldn't bear it any longer, I found a fairly empty bottle of Johnnie Walker Red - and now let's just say it's quite full."

PhilosophyGenius
01-15-2007, 06:37 PM
There's something like this on prison planet thing on this on another forum showing LBJ winking at some dude before JFK was killed or something like that.

MrDark71
01-16-2007, 01:14 PM
Hunt and his friends...like Frank Sturgis have been associated with a pile of shady dealings. This group has popped up in JFK,MLK,RFK, Watergate,Cuba, and drug trade investigations over time.

beltman713
01-16-2007, 04:48 PM
There's something like this on prison planet thing on this on another forum showing LBJ winking at some dude before JFK was killed or something like that.
It was just after LBJ was sworn in as president on Air Force One, with Jackie Kennedy standing beside him.

PhilosophyGenius
01-16-2007, 07:59 PM
And somehow GHWB fits into all this.

beltman713
01-16-2007, 08:21 PM
And somehow GHWB fits into all this.
He was the one taking the picture.