PDA

View Full Version : One Of My Favorite Politicians Is Running For President, Rep. Ron Paul

Gold9472
01-11-2007, 11:42 PM
Texas Congressman Seeks Presidency

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/01/11/AR2007011101424_pf.html

By JOE STINEBAKER
The Associated Press
Thursday, January 11, 2007; 6:28 PM

HOUSTON -- Rep. Ron Paul, the iconoclastic, nine-term lawmaker from southeast Texas, took the first step Thursday toward a second, quixotic presidential bid _ this time as a Republican.

Paul filed papers in Texas to create a presidential exploratory committee that will allow him to raise money. In 1988, Paul was the Libertarian nominee for president and received more than 400,000 votes.

Kent Snyder, the chairman of Paul's exploratory committee and a former staffer on Paul's Libertarian campaign, said the congressman knows he's a long shot.

"There's no question that it's an uphill battle, and that Dr. Paul is an underdog," Snyder said. "But we think it's well worth doing and we'll let the voters decide."

Paul limits his view of the role of the federal government to those duties laid out in the Constitution. As a result, he sometimes casts votes at odds with his constituents and other Republicans.

He was one of a handful of Republicans to vote in 2002 against giving President Bush the authority to use military force in Iraq, contending that only Congress had the power to declare war. At times, he has voted against funds for the military.

Paul bills himself as "The Taxpayers' Best Friend," and is routinely ranked either first or second in the House by the National Taxpayers Union, a national group advocating low taxes and limited government.

casseia
01-11-2007, 11:49 PM
to vote for this guy in the Oregon primary if he does it.

Regarding his positions on reproductive rights, gay marriage, and immigration: I do not give the slightest f*ck. (Although if he's a former Libertarian, he's not going to piss me off *that* much.)

Gold9472
01-11-2007, 11:53 PM
He's a true American.

I'd like to see him in the debates.

Gold9472
01-12-2007, 12:01 AM
Now all he has to do is make Cynthia McKinney his Vice President, and we're set.

Gold9472
01-12-2007, 12:12 AM
Go watch what he had to say about the 3000 American deaths in Iraq.

http://www.house.gov/paul/index.shtml

Gold9472
01-12-2007, 12:17 AM
He's a doctor. I think he used to deliver babies.

Radical Pragmatist
01-12-2007, 12:51 AM
Left and Right unite to oust the criminals in our government and their supporters for their role in the 911 'false-flag ' attacks.

'This is not about left or right, democrat or Republican, anymore. The stakes and shear criminality of our current government and the system that supports it, demands that we come together as Americans and demand answers and justice for the mass murder of 3,000 of our brothers and sisters. " Dennis and Ron proclaimed, as they raised their fists in solidarity on the Capital steps.....

I can dream....
but really what have they got to lose?.....the election?

werther
01-12-2007, 08:30 AM
holy jumpin jesus.....this is great news!

Eckolaker
01-12-2007, 12:22 PM
Well I'll be a monkey's uncle. Fucking Sweet!

AuGmENTor
08-22-2007, 07:50 AM
I fail to see what you guys are overjoyed about. Did you read the news in the link that Jon provided? I like Ron Paul alot.He seems like just whatthe country needs. Another forum I post in occasionally thinks he is the second coming of Jesus. But I tell you this: Ron Paul would be hard put to VISITthe whitehouse. The people who have created this mess are fucking PETRIFIED of him. ANd even if he got in, every walk outside would be a real life or death adventure. Most of his ideals would fall upon deaf ears when you consider the train wreck congress has been for o so long now.

Chana3812
08-22-2007, 09:11 AM
I agree. We need to drop a fricking b0-mb on Washington DC, clear away the debris and start over. Our political system is so corrupt, I don't see any hope for someone who wants to come in and clean it up. The system is ROTTEN TO THE CORE.

AuGmENTor
08-22-2007, 04:41 PM
I agree. We need to drop a fricking b0-mb on Washington DC, clear away the debris and start over. Our political system is so corrupt, I don't see any hope for someone who wants to come in and clean it up. The system is ROTTEN TO THE CORE.BUT BUT BUT.... What happened to Chana? I thought Al was the answer. I am seriously not being an ass here. I thought you were of the school of thought that your boy could fix things?

AuGmENTor
08-23-2007, 07:41 AM
Here is Ron Paul at a republican debate. He makes alot of sense, but read the comments under this video, they make lots of sense as well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7d_e9lrcZ8

Chana3812
08-26-2007, 02:03 PM
I never said Al Gore should run for President. He is devoting his work to the environment.

I like Ron Paul, Dennis Kucinich, Wes Clarke, Cynthia McKinney, Chris Dodd = all underdogs. I DON'T want Hillary or Obama. RUDY IS A MURDERER.

I am especially happy that Warner grew some balls in the last few days and told Bush a thing or two about Iraq !!

Now, my house needs me..... too much cleaning, too much laundry :(