PDA

View Full Version : Refresher Course on Our Government

1voice2006
12-27-2006, 08:45 AM
This may be old...but lends for an interesting read...

http://www.constitution.org/shad4816.htm

AuGmENTor
12-27-2006, 08:49 AM
It is becoming increasingly apparent to American citizens that government is no longer being conducted in accordance with the U.S. Constitution, or, within states, according to state constitutions

WHAT!!!???? The HELL you say! Our constitution is in FINE shape! WHat is the last right YOU personally lost? What direct repercussions have YOU felt as a result of the Patriot act! If you have nothing to hide, you should be OK with them tapping your phone/ emails! TRAITOR!!!!!

1voice2006
12-27-2006, 08:55 AM
:smokeup: smoke em if you got em...cuz its gonna be a helluv ride...

AuGmENTor
12-27-2006, 09:14 AM
While people have recognized for more than 150 years that the rich and powerful often corrupt individual officials, or exert undue influence to get legislation passed that favors their interests, most Americans still cling to the naive belief that such corruption is exceptional, and that most of the institutions of society, the courts, the press, and law enforcement agencies, still largely comply with the Constitution and the law in important matters. They expect that these corrupting forces are disunited and in competition with one another, so that they tend to balance one another. No, people just don't care! And why should they, what with the excellent programming offered on the idiot box these days. People have to struggle so hard just to eek out an existence that they have no time to watch the country dissolve right in front of them, let alone care/ DO anything about it...

MrDark71
01-04-2007, 09:34 AM
No, people just don't care! And why should they, what with the excellent programming offered on the idiot box these days. People have to struggle so hard just to eek out an existence that they have no time to watch the country dissolve right in front of them, let alone care/ DO anything about it...

I beg to differ....65 million people voted in the last election...for "American Idol"..lol

AuGmENTor
01-04-2007, 10:03 AM
I beg to differ....65 million people voted in the last election...for "American Idol"..lolOh AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA I get it!!!!! Dood you are SOOOOOOO funny!!!! Keep those cutting edge observations coming! I happened to be watching user activity when you were posting this, long enough to know that you didn't even bother to read the article. You spent ALOT more time on woman sues over guacamole post. Can I please be just like you when I grow up?