PDA

View Full Version : Do We Need a New Forum on Law Enforcement?

1voice2006
12-20-2006, 08:23 AM
To Administrator and others who may have an interest....

I was wondering if any would be interested in a Forum devoted to Law Enforcement. Specifically aimed at those LE officers who misuse thier position to take advantage of the common people. It could highlight cases of abuse and civil rights violation.
On the other hand, we could also add one concerning those who do their job the right way. Giving Kudos to those who take pride in thier responsibility as LE personnel.

It is just a thought, so all feedback is welcome and needed, especially from moderators.

Eckolaker
12-20-2006, 12:42 PM
That's an idea, although typically that stuff just gets posted in the "New News" section.

PM Gold see what he thinks about it.

PhilosophyGenius
12-20-2006, 06:08 PM
Not sure what the point of a Law Enforcment topic would be.

but...

I would really like a topic about working out and fighting (MMA, street fights) made since most topics aren't being posted on anymore- and that would a semi-popular place.

AuGmENTor
12-20-2006, 06:11 PM
Not sure what the point of a Law Enforcment topic would be.

but...

I would really like a topic about working out and fighting (MMA, street fights) made since most topics aren't being posted on anymore- and that would a semi-popular place.Yeah, you'd hammer on it like you do that Bas Rutten one right PG? There's defimitely a set of yas that LOVE that stuff... But oyu can start any topic you want in general ecclectic, no?

PhilosophyGenius
12-20-2006, 06:17 PM
Yeah, you'd hammer on it like you do that Bas Rutten one right PG? There's defimitely a set of yas that LOVE that stuff... But oyu can start any topic you want in general ecclectic, no?

Yeah, we could talk about workout tips, MMA, street fights (and techniques to win a street fight), and things of that nature.

Don't wanna flood the GE with that.

AuGmENTor
12-20-2006, 06:22 PM
Workout tip #1: Ever hear of a burnout? Start with as much weight as you can... rep it as many times as you can, then drop some. Do that till 25 lbs. seems like a ton. Do that every other day. Hugeness results.

PhilosophyGenius
12-21-2006, 12:47 AM
Workout tip #1: Ever hear of a burnout? Start with as much weight as you can... rep it as many times as you can, then drop some. Do that till 25 lbs. seems like a ton. Do that every other day. Hugeness results.

Hmmmm...sounds intersting but I wouldn't start out with max weight- could lead to injury, I like to build up and go heavy on the 3rd set and then go all out with a lighter 4th.

I also work out so hard that I need at least 2 full days to recover.

AuGmENTor
12-21-2006, 06:16 AM
Hmmmm...sounds intersting but I wouldn't start out with max weight- could lead to injury, I like to build up and go heavy on the 3rd set and then go all out with a lighter 4th.

I also work out so hard that I need at least 2 full days to recover.If you don't warm up for a half hour before you lift, you are begging for an injury anyway. Not to mention you don't get as much out of it. You're younger, so you may not see the importance of it. That is to say, I'm sure you know to, but not just how much you get out of it.

PhilosophyGenius
12-21-2006, 07:41 PM
If you don't warm up for a half hour before you lift, you are begging for an injury anyway. Not to mention you don't get as much out of it. You're younger, so you may not see the importance of it. That is to say, I'm sure you know to, but not just how much you get out of it.

A half hour warm up is already a full workout. Anyways, if my muscles are 'cold' from not doing anything I just jog in place or run around for 5 minutes, stretch (before or after), and then work the muslce group that I'm using, first set is always the lightest.