PDA

View Full Version : Engine Thrust question.

LloydBentsen
12-18-2006, 06:44 AM
Hello all,
I am somewhat new to all of this. There is such a wealth of information on the subjects of 9/11 that it is hard to quantify and organize everything into a complete thought or theory, etc.
Anyways, I was browsing youtube for grins when I stumbled upon http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9107SknOFl0 This video was basicly showing what happens to vehicles when they are behind the engines. I was wondering if this could in anyway relate to the existance or absense of a plane at the Pentagon.
I'm sure this may have been addressed before, so excuse my laziness for not digging through the forum myself.
Thank you much.
Lloyd

AuGmENTor
12-18-2006, 07:42 AM
Thanx for signing up. We really don't get too much into if there was a plane or not. What we do in here is bring out what is deinitely true. You can't disprove the truth, nor can you prove a lie. So if we stick to the truth, the cold hard facts, it will all balance out.
Once again, welcome, and read on!

beltman713
12-18-2006, 05:08 PM
That was a kick ass video. Those two cars got ripped to pieces.

aceace
12-18-2006, 06:05 PM
WOW! It takes some power to get those jets off the ground. I had no idea it could shred a car like that.

AuGmENTor
12-18-2006, 09:00 PM
I couldv'e sworn we saw that video here. I know I saw that thing before. ANy thoughts on what this proves or disproves? I'm not even really seeing the point. What does the backwash of a jet engine have to do with whether or not a plane hit the pentagon?

BASE701
12-18-2006, 09:57 PM
If you ever visit an airport, especially a small one, you will notice there is no tall growth directly behind the runway. Even prop powered planes deliver a huge amount of force.

AuGmENTor
12-18-2006, 10:04 PM
I get it they generate force. I KNEW this, as I loaded C-5's and C-130's in Iraq and Honduras. You apprroach from way back dead center to avoind even taxi thrust. My question is listed above... Could someone answer it?

BASE701
12-18-2006, 10:42 PM
I get it they generate force. I KNEW this, as I loaded C-5's and C-130's in Iraq and Honduras. You apprroach from way back dead center to avoind even taxi thrust. My question is listed above... Could someone answer it?I don't think the backwash of a jet engine means anything as far as the truth movement goes. It was fun to talk about it though. :)

LloydBentsen
12-19-2006, 04:04 AM
What does the backwash of a jet engine have to do with whether or not a plane hit the pentagon?

I was wondering since the plane's flight path took it low enough to clip light poles. I thought that this might be applicable to the cars on the road/highway. Would traffic on the road be affected by the backwash? I'm not trying to prove or disprove anything. Just a thought, and I didn't know if it has been discussed.

MrDark71
01-03-2007, 03:37 PM
I was wondering since the plane's flight path took it low enough to clip light poles. I thought that this might be applicable to the cars on the road/highway. Would traffic on the road be affected by the backwash? I'm not trying to prove or disprove anything. Just a thought, and I didn't know if it has been discussed.

I'm pretty sure the amount of time any car would have been actually behind any engine thrust would have been less than a second at best...even that scorched white 300Z in the photo's (who even knows how close it was to any thrust) seemed semi intact. Besides in that video the green car is about as aerodynamic as a breadbox and probably just as well built. They could used Lego's and had better results.

MrDark71
01-03-2007, 03:39 PM
..oh ....btw...whatever hit the pentagon was moving and not applying stationary force to any object except itself. A touch different than the green car.

royster
01-03-2007, 08:45 PM
If you are familiar with 395 and where the Pentagon is situated, you immediately have a conflicting story.
Planes entering and leaving D.C. are required to fly over the Potomac. The theory of highjackers sneaking in for an attack would require them to "sheep's clothing" fly this path untill the last moment to the side of the Pentagon where the impact occurred, which is away from 395.
As I have stated elsewhere, I was in the area that morning, and there were three distinct concussions, which were not reported.
There are two parks on either side of National Airport, and you can go there to see the jets fly overhead, not more than 75 feet above you. In good weather, this area is constantly conjested with families and teenagers imitating "Wayne's World". Not once has anyone been blown into the Potomac.