PDA

View Full Version : Bush: Elections Won't Change U.S. Resolve In War On Terror

Gold9472
11-11-2006, 11:35 PM
Elections won't change US resolve in war on terror

http://rawstory.com/news/2006/Elections_won_t_change_US_resolve_i_11112006.html

dpa German Press Agency
Published: Saturday November 11, 2006

Washington- US President George W Bush on Saturday warned terrorists not to confuse his Republican Party's loss of power in Congressional elections with a loss of resolve in the war on terror. "The elections will bring changes to Washington, but one thing has not changed: America faces brutal enemies who have attacked us before and want to attack us again," Bush said in his weekly radio address.

"I have a message for these enemies: Do not confuse the workings of American democracy with a lack of American will. Our nation is committed to bring you to justice, and we will prevail."

In Tuesday's midterm elections, the opposition centre-left Democrats won control of both the US House of Representatives and the Senate for the first time in 12 years. Voters punished Bush and his party for the war in Iraq, scandals involving senior Republican politicians and the ineptitude in dealing with Hurricane Katrina.

"Whatever your opinion of the outcome, all Americans can take pride in the example our democracy sets for the world by holding elections even in a time of war," Bush said.

In the speech on the US holiday of Veterans Day, Bush also praised the US military and their sacrifices for freedom, including the "freedom to chose our leaders at the ballot box."

Bush said he looked forward to hearing the input on the war from a bipartisan Iraq study group and from the new Congress.

beltman713
11-12-2006, 10:48 AM
"Stay The Course."

Gold9472
11-12-2006, 10:48 AM
We stopped doing that.

beltman713
11-12-2006, 11:09 AM
We stopped saying that, but we haven't stopped doing that.

Chana3812
11-12-2006, 11:16 AM
"I have a message for these enemies: Do not confuse the workings of American democracy with a lack of American will. Our nation is committed to bring you to justice, and we will prevail."

wonder if he was talking about Rummy, Dickey, Condi .... ya know, the ole' gang of terrorist ??

Gold9472
11-12-2006, 11:34 AM
We stopped saying that, but we haven't stopped doing that.

I was being sarcastic.

beltman713
11-12-2006, 11:35 AM
I was being sarcastic.
I know.