PDA

View Full Version : Gov Sanford (R) Turned Away At Voting Station

PhilosophyGenius
11-07-2006, 07:22 PM
Gov. Sanford has trouble voting

http://www.heraldonline.com/101/story/8824.html

(PG: There was also another republican offical turned away for another reason. Cant remember his name)

Gov. Mark Sanford ventured to a Sullivan's Island polling location today to vote - eyes red and watery from burn injuries he sustained under stage lighting Sunday - only to be turned away because he did not have his voter’s registration card.

"No sweat," said Jason Miller, campaign manager for Gov. Mark Sanford. "We got a duplicate of his registration card and he is on his way."

The driver's license he showed had a Columbia address. Because of the unusual position he holds, he has no need for a drivers license, Miller explained. The governor has a SLED agent to drive him to wherever he needs to go.

"I hope my luck turns," Sanford said. "Yesterday, I had the eye issue, today I was absentminded and didn't have my voter registration card. I hope everybody else out there is as determined to vote as I was today." "The governor is not 100 percent," Miller said. "But he’s okay. We sent him on his way to a campaign stop in Greenville."

They eye injuries occurred Sunday as Sanford attended a groundbreaking ceremony in Fort Mill.

"It's behind me and the prognosis is good," Sanford said of his eye problems, which prevented him from 11th-hour campaigning Monday. — Lee Bandy with The Associated Press

beltman713
11-08-2006, 06:12 PM
Gov. Sanford has trouble voting
"I hope my luck turns," Sanford said. "Yesterday, I had the eye issue, today I was absentminded and didn't have my voter registration card. I hope everybody else out there is as determined to vote as I was today." "The governor is not 100 percent," Miller said. "But he’s okay. We sent him on his way to a campaign stop in Greenville."

They eye injuries occurred Sunday as Sanford attended a groundbreaking ceremony in Fort Mill.
I heard today on a South Carolina radio station that the real reason his eyes were damaged was because he laid in a tanning bed, without the eye protection they give you, to get tanned up for his next appearance. Gotta look good for the cameras.