PDA

View Full Version : Woman Ticketed For Political Bumper Stickers

Gold9472
10-27-2006, 11:36 AM
Woman Ticketed For Political Bumper Stickers
Mall Worker Heads To Court In November

http://www.nbc10.com/politics/10173251/detail.html

(Gold9472: Amazing how a lowly citizen of the United States gets a ticket for, "campaigning illegally" when the Bush Administration faces absolutely NO ramifications for ILLEGALLY stealling TWO elections.)

POSTED: 9:43 am EDT October 27, 2006

OVERLAND PARK, Kan. -- A Kansas woman said she was ticketed for having political bumper stickers on her car.

On Wednesday, Sara Keiser was cited in connection with campaigning illegally because she parked her car at Metcalf South Mall, which is a polling place during elections.

The law states that no one can campaign within 250 feet of a polling place.

Keiser said she wasn't at the mall to vote or to campaign. She was there to go to work.

"I work here. My office is upstairs. I'm here every single day," Keiser said.

She said someone going to the mall to vote noticed her car parked out front and called police.

"They contacted all kinds of people in Kansas government about what to do. Apparently at one point, they were thinking about towing my car," Keiser said.

The car wasn't towed, but an officer wrote her a ticket.

"The officer seemed as confused as I did and a little uncomfortable," she said. "(The ticket) stated that my car is a campaign vehicle, which obviously took me aback."

She said she prefers to park close to the front doors of the mall, but now she must park around the corner and out of sight of the polling place.

Keiser didn't receive a monetary fine, but she must report to court in November.