PDA

View Full Version : Safety In Numbers

Gold9472
10-20-2006, 12:47 PM
Safety In Numbers

I never thought I'd be writing something like this, but after serious consideration, I think it is important to do so.

Despite how the media tries to portray us, we are a non-violent group of individuals. Considering the allegations of this movement, I think that speaks volumes. It says that even though we suspect our Government was complicit in the attacks of 9/11, and they deserve the harshest of punishments, we will not stoop to their level. As Representative Barbara Lee once said, "As we act, let us not become the evil that we deplore."

With the passage of the Military Commissions Act of 2006, any American citizen can now be considered an "Enemy Combatant", and be locked away without the hope of a fair trial.

Essentially, if the President thinks you are a threat, you can easily be removed from society.

In order for this movement to be a successful force for good, we must be unified. We must stand together, and face, together, whatever comes our way.

I can only speak for myself when I say that I have come to accept the risks involved in the work that I do. I realized long ago that this is more important than any one person, including myself.

That being said, I don't have a death wish. I want to live my life, and enjoy everything life has to offer.

If I am denied that basic right because of the work that I'm doing, I would like to know that this movement has my back. I would like to know that if I am removed from society, that the members of this movement would non-violently, and without hesitation, unleash hell.

I am requesting that there be a silent pact within this movement. Something that we are all aware of just in case something does happen, to any of us.

I know this may seem a bit paranoid, but I think I am being realistic.

I have your back. I hope you have mine.

Tonya
10-20-2006, 05:25 PM
I am glad you wrote this. I have thought the same thing. We need to make sure we all look out for each other. I nee to let my parents know to write here and on blogger if something weird ever happens to me--not that I am important in the movement or anything but, hopefully soon I will get stuff stiring here in my community and that is enough cause for concern. Anyway, yeah, we need to know if something happens to any of us so we can "unleash hell". I certainly would hope people would have my back and be seriously looking into what hapened if I were to become missing or end up in jail. I know I will do the same for others.

And Jon, you know we will be all over it if something were to happen to you.
I think your back will be very well covered.

Eckolaker
10-20-2006, 06:11 PM
Agreed,

I have already let a few close people in my life know what to do if I were to mysteriously disappear, commit suicide, die suddenly, etc.

And let it be known that if anyone here were to suddenly dispappear, rest assured I will be fighting to find out why.

Gold9472
10-20-2006, 06:13 PM
Thanks.

AuGmENTor
10-21-2006, 07:38 AM
Despite how the media tries to portray us, we are a non-violent group of individuals.

I have the capacity to be VERY violent if the need should arise. It is simply useless to do so in this instance. And if someone were to disappear, niether peaceful OR violent protest will do you any good at all. That should be fairly obvious to us all. I am only alive by the Grace of God. Any life I have had, or AM to have by His will is gravy from the point a few years ago to whenever I expire. I will fight with me last breath to fight for my loved ones.
At this point, life is OK. Our government is committing horrendous attrocities around the world in our names. But they have not brougth this to my door yet. When they do, I certainly will "unleash hell" as it were. If one of us should vanish, I would investigate within my limited rescorces. This may sound a bit wierd to you guys, but think about it. Have a prepared statement left with a trusted loved one that outlines your basic belifes, and in the event of your disapearance, that it is not a chance thing. (under 100 pages, OK Jon?) Once you're gone, you have almost zero chance of coming back. So fight to the end to not go. Don't wait for the ACLU to get you out.

thumper
10-21-2006, 12:50 PM
safety in thumpers

YouCrazyDiamond
10-21-2006, 12:57 PM
This 'pact' was implicit when I joined the YBBS this last summer.

werther
10-23-2006, 02:04 PM
agreed

thumper
10-23-2006, 04:46 PM
i made a pun!