PDA

View Full Version : Alors... il y a un peu de probleme chez 911blogger?

casseia
10-16-2006, 04:31 PM
Ca me fait tres malheureuse.

And very paranoid. I thought there were supposed to be FEWER problems with the switch to the new DNS, and it seems as though there are more. I'm just waiting for the morning when I wake up to find the whole internet is "broken" and I am given a one-way ticket to FEMA-town.

Gold9472
10-16-2006, 04:32 PM
Remember your promise... in FEMA town.

casseia
10-16-2006, 04:35 PM
I haven't forgotten.

dz
10-16-2006, 04:45 PM
Ca me fait tres malheureuse.

And very paranoid. I thought there were supposed to be FEWER problems with the switch to the new DNS, and it seems as though there are more. I'm just waiting for the morning when I wake up to find the whole internet is "broken" and I am given a one-way ticket to FEMA-town.

the new server in general has been a lot better than the old host.. for example, we got about 5x the traffic in one hour than we did in any hour on 9/11, but the site still stayed up.. plus i have been able to turn down the page cacheing for anonymous users from 3 minutes to 1 minute, etc..

something has gone wrong today with my VPS box though.. i dunno what the issue is, but i have been talking with them for about an hour waiting for them to fix it.. in reality the best solution would be a dedicated server.. which would run $150+ a month..

this should just be a fluke, the new server has been running very well since the switch (IMO), so hopefully they can get it fixed sooner than later..

sorry.. its not like we got hit hard today or anything, its just something went wrong with the server i'm guessing..

Gold9472
10-16-2006, 04:48 PM
the new server in general has been a lot better than the old host.. for example, we got about 5x the traffic in one hour than we did in any hour on 9/11, but the site still stayed up.. plus i have been able to turn down the page cacheing for anonymous users from 3 minutes to 1 minute, etc..

something has gone wrong today with my VPS box though.. i dunno what the issue is, but i have been talking with them for about an hour waiting for them to fix it.. in reality the best solution would be a dedicated server.. which would run $150+ a month..

this should just be a fluke, the new server has been running very well since the switch (IMO), so hopefully they can get it fixed sooner than later..

sorry.. its not like we got hit hard today or anything, its just something went wrong with the server i'm guessing..

You want me to change your name on here to "dz"

casseia
10-16-2006, 04:56 PM
Okay. I'm completely patient with technical problems, just freaked out when they are unexplained.

I hope you realize how much the work you do there is appreciated. 911blogger changed my life!

Yes, Jon, I also greatly appreciate YBBS. Just as an archive, it's fantabulous. The fact that I can interact with someone who describes himself as "tak(ing) the "the" out of "psychotherapist" just takes it completely over the top.

...drunken sob... I love you guys...

Gold9472
10-16-2006, 05:01 PM
It's referred to as THE YBBS.

casseia
10-16-2006, 05:03 PM
I know that, but it just doesn't make any sense. You don't say "the your dog."

Gold9472
10-16-2006, 05:05 PM
If you're referring to the site as yourbbsucks.com then there's no "the."

If you're referring to the site as YBBS then there's a "the."

casseia
10-16-2006, 06:21 PM
Yes, sir, Mr. Gold, sir. It won't happen again.

Gold9472
10-16-2006, 06:31 PM
That's what I thought you'd say.