PDA

View Full Version : Only 16% Of Americans Believe The Official Story Of 9/11

Gold9472
10-14-2006, 09:24 PM
Americans Question Bush on 9/11 Intelligence

http://www.angus-reid.com/polls/index.cfm/fuseaction/viewItem/itemID/13469

October 14, 2006

- Many adults in the United States believe the current federal government has not been completely forthcoming on the issue of the 9/11 terrorist attacks, according to a poll by the New York Times and CBS News. 53 per cent of respondents think the Bush administration is hiding something, and 28 per cent believe it is lying.

Only 16 percent of respondents say the government headed by U.S. president George W. Bush is telling the truth on what it knew prior to the terrorist attacks, down five points since May 2002.

Al-Qaeda operatives hijacked and crashed four airplanes in the U.S. on Sept. 11, 2001, killing nearly 3,000 people. In October, after Afghanistan’s Taliban regime refused to hand over al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden, the U.S. launched the war on terrorism.

On Aug. 6, 2001, a Presidential Daily Briefing titled "Bin Laden Determined to Strike in U.S." mentioned "patterns of suspicious activity in this country consistent with preparations for hijackings or other types of attacks, including recent surveillance of federal buildings in New York."

On May 17, 2002, Bush discussed the situation, saying, "The American people know this about me, and my national security team, and my administration: Had I known that the enemy was going to use airplanes to kill on that fateful morning, I would have done everything in my power to protect the American people."

On Sept. 11, Bush referred to the attacks, saying, "Five years after 9/11, our enemies have not succeeded in launching another attack on our soil, but they’ve not been idle. Al-Qaeda and those inspired by its hateful ideology have carried out terrorist attacks in more than two dozen nations. And just last month, they were foiled in a plot to blow up passenger planes headed for the United States. They remain determined to attack America and kill our citizens—and we are determined to stop them."

Polling Data
When it comes to what they knew prior to September 11th, 2001, about possible terrorist attacks against the United States, do you think members of the Bush Administration are telling the truth, are mostly telling the truth but hiding something, or are they mostly lying?

Telling the truth
Oct. 2006: 16%
May 2002: 21%

Hiding something
Oct. 2006: 53%
May 2002: 65%

Mostly lying
Oct. 2006: 28%
May 2002: 8%

Not sure
Oct. 2006: 3%
May 2002: 6%

AuGmENTor
10-15-2006, 08:20 AM
And I think I must know personally like 5% of them! You have never seen someone look at something without any comprehension of what it means. And even if they DO get it, they ar e just so unwilling to believe anything you show them that proves that our government was at the very least complicit. I call it anti-logic. I had to back off of this whole truther thing just a bit, as it was causing unbalance in my life, as well as starting to cause professional problems. When I say back off, I guess I mean trying to convince people. It was making a bad name for me. As soon as I would get to a job, people were all over me telling me what they had found that disproved the last thing they had heard me say. My e-mail was gettin hammered with debunkers. It was all a bit much. Now, I just smile and shrug things off. I tell these people that based on what I know of them, they are unable to see anything beyond their own ability to understand, so it would be counterproductive to debate it. And I cite my new policy of not discussing politics with people. Some of them, I think, do it just to be contrary. They like the controversy. But a few of these guys have told me, "I'm glad we brought the fight to them, on their land... We had to fight them somewhere, it was just a matter of time. They hate us for our freedom, our liberation of women," and so on. But at least SOME of them are looking at it now. But I think it's more of a case of right after I woke up and started mouthing off about it, the mainstream media started covering it also. Made me look like a prophet, hehe.

beltman713
10-15-2006, 09:35 AM
That's the phrase they use that gets me the most. "They hate us for our freedom". That is so full of shit. They hate us because we won't stay out of their business. They hate us because we are occupying their region.

Gold9472
10-15-2006, 09:57 AM
In other words, they hate our hegemonic rule.

beltman713
10-15-2006, 11:23 AM
In other words, they hate our hegemonic rule.
That's a big 10/4!