PDA

View Full Version : the nuclear club

Uber Commandante
10-11-2006, 11:11 PM
you know, it just occured to me (though it seems very obvious now), that its no wonder other countries would try to secure nuclear weapons - the only countries in the world that are safe from US imperial aggresion are countries that HAVE them.

For instance, its no wonder we don't do anything about N. Korea: they have a nuke, for god's sake. What the hell CAN we do?? So instead, we can concentrate on the countries that don't have the capability( read: middle east)

So, the conclusion is that current US foreign policy is actually driving the nuclear arms race among 'rogue' nations.

Personally, I always thought it would be cool for the US to have some true courage, and completely dismantle our entire defense system- no nukes, missles, army, etc. Only a national guard.

I use as my model Costa Rica. CR is the only country in Central America to have absolutely NO army. And look at how they have thrived in a region that is filled with armies and instability and violence.

So...How about it, America? Are you with me??? No military.

Uber Commandante
10-11-2006, 11:15 PM
continued...

after all, who is going to invade us? China? Russia? No way - think about the quagmire the US is in trying to occupy Iraq? and Iraq is a very very small country compared to hte US. No other country has the HR resources to physically occupy the US and its armed population.

Also, China's economy is growing by 10% a year,which is having a great effect on China. How is this possible? By the grace of the unconsious American consumer who buys and buys and buys. Why would the Chinese destroy this set up?

I think the whole need for a military is simply a lie that we have interalized over the years.

thumper
10-11-2006, 11:19 PM
thats crazy talk