PDA

View Full Version : Taliban Official Warns Of Ramazan Attack On U.S., Asks Muslims To Leave U.S.

Gold9472
10-07-2006, 10:54 AM
Taliban official warns of Ramazan attack on US

http://www.thenews.com.pk/print3.asp?id=3513

PESHAWAR: The head of the Islamabad-based Al-Quds Media Centre has received an audio message from a senior Taliban leader in which he asked Muslims living in the US to leave the country as soon as possible “because God’s punishment would fall on America in the month of Ramazan.”

Jamal Ismail, a senior journalist who once worked for Al-Jazeera television channel and is now head of the Al-Quds Media Centre, told The News that he received a phone call Thursday from Taliban leader Mulla Masoom Afghani. “Afghani said he was speaking from somewhere in Kandahar province. He read out the message in Arabic, which I recorded. In it he advised Muslim residents of America to get out to escape harm because the US could face big attacks in the month of Ramazan,” said Jamal Ismail.

According to Jamal Ismail, it was the first time that Afghani, who is head of the pro-Taliban clerics’ consultative council and the former ambassador of Afghanistan to Pakistan, had conveyed such a message. “Afghani didn’t say that it was a dream. It appeared that he strongly believed that America was going to face punishment at the hands of Allah,” he explained.

MikeJr.
10-07-2006, 01:26 PM
Hummm. I keep thinking back to what Alex Jones said. Something about an October surprise, if you will.

PhilosophyGenius
10-07-2006, 04:59 PM
There's ALWAYS major threats and high alerts going on during Ramazan (Ramadan?). I don't think there' gonna be a major event taking place inside the US anytime soon. Problably Europe or something- if there were to be one.

Gold9472
10-07-2006, 05:45 PM
I don't know about that. I don't know if it will have anything to do with Ramazan, but the signs are all there.