PDA

View Full Version : Who would you vote for?

Cloak & Swagger
10-04-2006, 11:28 PM
The talk of potential Presidential candidates for 08 is growing more intense, and quite frankly, I don't know if we're gonna be any better off than we were in the last two elections.
My question is simply this, who would you like to see run for President (also assuming you'd vote for them) and why would you vote for them?
Please feel free to elaborate on who you think they'll run against and who may be their VP.
Lastly, do you think E-voting machines, like Diebold will be used in the next election?
Will there even be another election at all?
Why wouldn't there be another election?
I really want to you know what ya'll think.
Thank you.

PhilosophyGenius
10-05-2006, 12:10 AM
Of all the 'avalible choices', Al Gore for sure. If not him, John Kerry.

Cloak & Swagger
10-05-2006, 01:20 AM
Of all the 'avalible choices', Al Gore for sure. If not him, John Kerry.
Really? Why?

Cloak & Swagger
10-05-2006, 02:16 PM
What about Obama and Feingold?

werther
10-05-2006, 03:03 PM
What about Obama and Feingold?

Those are the two that first came to my mind.

PhilosophyGenius
10-05-2006, 05:26 PM
Obama is a nice guy but he's too young. Al Gore has just got that fire and passion that America needs right now which he didn't seem to have in 2000. He also makes a lot of sense on many issues.

Cloak & Swagger
10-05-2006, 06:52 PM
Obama is a nice guy but he's too young. Al Gore has just got that fire and passion that America needs right now which he didn't seem to have in 2000. He also makes a lot of sense on many issues.
Since Gore had it stolen from him, he could very likely get the pity vote, but not from me. He had the opportunity to stand his ground and see to it that the reported votes were accurate (which we obviously now know they were not), but he folded and threw in the towel. He could very likely do the same thing in the future when another critical issue hangs in the balance.
Basically, if he couldn't fight for himself, I don't think he can fight for us.
I might reconsider Gore if he has a strong running mate.
BTW, if Gore does actually go for it, who's gonna be his sidekick this time?

PhilosophyGenius
10-05-2006, 11:48 PM
Since Gore had it stolen from him, he could very likely get the pity vote, but not from me. He had the opportunity to stand his ground and see to it that the reported votes were accurate (which we obviously now know they were not), but he folded and threw in the towel. He could very likely do the same thing in the future when another critical issue hangs in the balance.
Basically, if he couldn't fight for himself, I don't think he can fight for us.
I might reconsider Gore if he has a strong running mate.
BTW, if Gore does actually go for it, who's gonna be his sidekick this time?

I disagree. For one, there wasn't a whole lot he could do at the time since it was already a month past the elections and the courts gave it to Bush. Two, in hindsight it's easy for someone to say that Gore could have pushed more and had the votes go his way because at the time, a lot of stuff wasn't known and the country was just ready to move on.

As far as sympathy votes go, Gore had been written off a long time ago as basically a "hasbeen" but then came back strong within the liberal community with his firey global warming and anti-war speeches.

werther
10-06-2006, 09:36 AM
I think if Obama ran the voter turn out would be phenominal, both for and against. I would imagine being that he is 1.black and 2. democrat (and I hate to be stereotypical) the black/latino voter turn out would demolish the repub candidate

Cloak & Swagger
10-06-2006, 02:51 PM
I think if Obama ran the voter turn out would be phenominal, both for and against. I would imagine being that he is 1.black and 2. democrat (and I hate to be stereotypical) the black/latino voter turn out would demolish the repub candidate
I agree.
It would definitely generate a lot of interest among young voters too.
The Republicans are definitely in a world of hurt no matter what.
Their money can't even buy the next election, and their fear tactics are hardly effective anymore. What else could they possibly use?

AuGmENTor
10-13-2006, 06:24 PM
Why isn't MY name on that list?

AuGmENTor
12-18-2006, 09:19 PM
woo hoo, I'm a shoe in..
Except, I think you have to be a college grad, no? did I even spell that right? hehe I am a shoe alright. As in, dumb as a

BASE701
12-18-2006, 09:51 PM
Ok, I voted for Augmentor!!! In truth, I wish Ron Paul would run. I think he is the smartest man in congress.

Chana3812
12-18-2006, 09:53 PM
AL GORE would gets my vote!!!

He already won. He's got the experience, the passion, the vision

Too bad the media portrayed him as a dolt - he certainly is NOT !!

AuGmENTor
12-18-2006, 10:06 PM
AL GORE would gets my vote!!!

He already won. He's got the experience, the passion, the vision

Too bad the media portrayed him as a dolt - he certainly is NOT !!I'm sorry... How much jet fuel did Mr. Gore put into our atmosphere to trapse around and tell us how horrible global warming was? I forget the number...

PhilosophyGenius
12-19-2006, 03:20 AM
I'm sorry... How much jet fuel did Mr. Gore put into our atmosphere to trapse around and tell us how horrible global warming was? I forget the number...

Yeah, by the looks of things he needs to start jogging from location to location.

AuGmENTor
12-19-2006, 01:30 PM
Yeah, by the looks of things he needs to start jogging from location to location.Whatever weisenheimer... You don't see the irony of flying ALL over the earth to tell people to be more conservative? He is a fuckin limosene liberal. No less than these fuckers that go to these save the world confrences in their SUV's. I get so mad over this. They can do what THEY need to to get the message out there and get paid, but Billy-sixpack should drive a Prius.

PhilosophyGenius
11-04-2007, 08:40 PM
You know what this means? All the people who registered on this site came back just to vote for Aug

Whatever weisenheimer... You don't see the irony of flying ALL over the earth to tell people to be more conservative? He is a fuckin limosene liberal. No less than these fuckers that go to these save the world confrences in their SUV's. I get so mad over this. They can do what THEY need to to get the message out there and get paid, but Billy-sixpack should drive a Prius.

Yeah but Al Gore is a VIP and the former VP, and he's trying to spread a good message.

But yeah, it is hypocrital the way Gore's house is reportidly a big energy consumer.

AuGmENTor
11-04-2007, 08:59 PM
You know what this means? All the people who registered on this site came back just to vote for Aug

Yeah but Al Gore is a VIP and the former VP, and he's trying to spread a good message.

But yeah, it is hypocrital the way Gore's house is reportidly a big energy consumer.You'll have to be more specific. He owns FOUR... mansions, not houses either. But that's all old news.

simuvac
11-04-2007, 10:37 PM
Whatever his image, I would vote for Edwards. It's too bad he's CFR (http://www.cfr.org/bios/9641/john_edwards.html), but aren't they all?

At least Edwards gives lip service to the poor. Hillary can't spell poor.

dMole
12-21-2007, 08:13 PM
woo hoo, I'm a shoe in..
Except, I think you have to be a college grad, no? did I even spell that right? hehe I am a shoe alright. As in, dumb as a

I'd be AuGgie's "Cheney" any day. No worries AuG- I got the college degree AND the Rocky Mtn. thing covered (sorry, no Halliburton experience though). Hell, I'm already in an "undisclosed location," and by the time anyone got here, I'd be in another location.

AuG/d '08 (plus our bumper stickers would be much cheaper than average, but more than a "W"...). Now I must go work on my facial scowls! :liverd:

AuGmENTor
12-22-2007, 12:56 AM
It's settled then. You're my running mate.

dMole
12-22-2007, 06:41 PM
Well, I guess we'll need a Campaign Platform then.

I was thinking about 24 or 30 inches high in a nice hardwood with stainless steel screws... HAHAHAHHAHAHA!