PDA

View Full Version : prison justice ftw

thumper
09-30-2006, 05:36 PM
http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...OCAL/609290457 (http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060929/LOCAL/609290457)

CARLISLE, Ind. -- An inmate serving life in prison for molesting and killing 10-year-old Katie Collman is now the subject of an investigation into how he ended up with the tattoo "Katie's Revenge" emblazoned across his forehead.

The Indiana Department of Correction placed Anthony Ray Stockelman, 39, in protective custody away from the general inmate population last weekend after authorities discovered the tattoo, said Rich Larsen, a spokesman for the Wabash Valley Correctional Facility. It is about 30 miles south of Terre Haute.

An internal investigation is under way to determine how the tattoo, which covers Stockelman's entire forehead, got there, Larsen said Wednesday. He refused to comment on what Stockelman has said about it or what investigators have learned.

A message seeking additional comment left Thursday for a DOC representative was not immediately returned.

Stockelman was sentenced to life in prison after pleading guilty to abducting, molesting and killing Katlyn "Katie" Collman. The Crothersville girl was missing for five days before her body was found Jan. 30, 2005, in a creek about 15 miles from her Southern Indiana home.

Although prison officials did not comment on how Stockelman got the tattoo, Collman's father, John Neace, believes it was the work of inmates.

"If I had to guess, I'd say it's a statement from the inmates," he said Wednesday.

Neace said he heard about the tattoo from friends and has no idea if his late daughter's distant cousin, who also is serving time at Wabash, played any role.
Tattoos are against state prison regulations.

Larsen said he did not know how a picture of the tattoo that has appeared in some media reports was taken and distributed outside the prison, including being posted on the Internet.

Larsen said the results of the investigation would be turned over to the Indiana State Police.

AuGmENTor
09-30-2006, 08:59 PM
Yeah that's what I wanna know, how did it get on the internet? One of the inmates have a digital camera? If I end up in prison, that's gonna be my favorite pasttime, beating the fuck out of people who do things like that to little kids...

amman254
10-01-2006, 04:08 PM
Yeah that's what I wanna know, how did it get on the internet? One of the inmates have a digital camera? If I end up in prison, that's gonna be my favorite pasttime, beating the fuck out of people who do things like that to little kids...

@augmentor...

was that a serious statement.....?

PhilosophyGenius
10-01-2006, 05:48 PM
@augmentor...

was that a serious statement.....?

Do you even need to ask?

amman254
10-02-2006, 04:57 AM
Do you even need to ask?

well honestly, i was kind of hoping augmentor would say he was being ironic.

i certainly am sick when i hear of such crimes as this guy committed, and i can't really imagine a just punishment, that could come close to the shame and guilt that that jerk brought upon himself...but i definitely don't want to put myself on his level, and try and administer some kind of continual "torture" or whatever. that's just not my world.

is that so misunderstandable?

AuGmENTor
10-02-2006, 07:27 AM
No guys, not serious. I have no plans whatsoever of going to prison. And even if I did, I'd have better ways to spend my time than wasting it on stuff like that... What with workin out, and converting to Islam. I just forgot to get back to this thread. I do wonder how they got that pic though....

beltman713
10-02-2006, 03:47 PM
No guys, not serious. I have no plans whatsoever of going to prison. And even if I did, I'd have better ways to spend my time than wasting it on stuff like that... What with workin out, and converting to Islam. I just forgot to get back to this thread. I do wonder how they got that pic though....
No no, "finding Jesus" get you out quicker.