PDA

View Full Version : $212 Million Overcharge by Halliburton in Iraq???

OrlandoMary
04-12-2005, 04:57 PM
U.S. Audit Probes $212 Mln in Halliburton Iraq Work
Mon Apr 11, 2005 02:45 PM ET

By Sue Pleming WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. oil services giant Halliburton Co. may have overcharged by at least $212 million to get fuel to Iraqi civilians under a no-bid deal with the U.S. military, said Pentagon audits released on Monday.

California Rep. Henry Waxman, a leading critic of Halliburton's work in Iraq, released portions of audits by the Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) that identified overcharges and questioned costs for fuel delivered in Iraq by Halliburton unit Kellogg Brown & Root in 2003 and 2004.

In one case, the overcharges exceeded 47 percent of the total value of one work order, said Waxman in a letter to Rep. Christopher Shays, chairman of the House of Representatives Subcommittee on National Security, Emerging Threats and International Relations.

Halliburton, which was run by Vice President Dick Cheney until he joined the race for the White House in 2000, [more]

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=topNews&storyID=8146329

OrlandoMary
www.maryschneider.us

somebigguy
04-12-2005, 09:16 PM
I actually heard this on the Don & Mike show today, can't believe it. Information is almost getting to the masses.

(I hate to admit I was listening to Don & Mike, but it seemed necessary. Don't hold it against me, I won't do it again.)

EmceeSoze
04-12-2005, 09:23 PM
There was some excellent whistle-blowing by ex-Haliburton employees a few months ago.

case(24) of Coca Cola = $45 - this is the only specific rip-off I recall from the story. There were others, many of them.

One guy said he was paid 70K to walk around an airbase for a year.

Facism rocks!!