PDA

View Full Version : Conservative Websites Claim Rove Has Been Promising GOP Insiders "October Surprise"

Gold9472
09-21-2006, 11:33 AM
Conservative websites claim Rove has been promising GOP insiders an 'October surprise'

http://www.rawstory.com/news/2006/Newsmax_Rove_promises_GOP_insiders_October_0921.ht ml

Published: Thursday September 21, 2006

According to two conservative websites, White House political strategist Karl Rove has been promising GOP insiders that there will be an "October surprise" before the midterm elections.

"In the past week, Karl Rove has been promising Republican insiders an 'October surprise' to help win the November congressional elections," reports Ronald Kessler for Newsmax.

"President Bush's political strategist is also saying that the final two weeks before the elections will see a blitz of advertising, and the Republican National Committee is deploying an army of volunteers to key locations to help the grass-roots effort and monitor the election," the article continues. "The RNC is offering to fly in volunteers and cover their expenses."

A few weeks ago, another conservative publication, The American Spectator, reported that White House staffers had "been talking up the possibilities of an 'October Surprise' or two leading into the mid-term elections."

"They say the President feels confident he can still play a role in the election, that he intends to campaign hard for Republicans, and that on the policy front, there are a couple of issues that can be used as wedges along the way," according to a column written by "The Prowler."

Tonya
09-21-2006, 11:40 AM
maybe this is a front to cover what they intend to do anyway: rigg it

Gold9472
09-21-2006, 11:41 AM
"Osama" will probably be captured or killed.

Laura
09-21-2006, 12:09 PM
Yeah, well, I think we figured as much. I can only hope that the American people see this for what I'm sure it will be.....just a bunch of lies, smoke and mirrors!:badmood:

PhilosophyGenius
09-21-2006, 04:56 PM
Someone bump this when something big goes down.

werther
09-22-2006, 08:15 AM
start a poll... I betting on capturing Osama Bin Laden

beltman713
09-22-2006, 04:12 PM
That's what was being said before the 2004 election, "October Surprise". They will suddenly "Capture" Osama. They have never wanted to capture Osama.

PhilosophyGenius
09-22-2006, 04:39 PM
I'm betting its major air strikes in Iran.

amman254
09-22-2006, 06:14 PM
I'm betting its major air strikes in Iran.

i tend to agree it to be something along these lines PG...but the trick of pulling osama out of the hat, instead of a rabbit, would certainly be less dangerous, and bring more positive vibes....

carrying war to another front could backfire.....

Ian C
09-22-2006, 06:48 PM
I say both the capture (and death so they don't have to put him on trial, that is even if he is still alive...) of Osama so that "book" could finally be closed

AND THEN

an attack on Iran. With the dead line coming up mid-October, and articles saying nuclear ships are moving into place, it seems like something is brewing

beltman713
09-22-2006, 08:32 PM
Yeah, but if Osama is dead or captured and Saddam is captured too, a lot of people would equate that with war on terror is over. They might need to keep the Osama "boogie man" out there.

PhilosophyGenius
09-22-2006, 11:37 PM
It would be waaayyyy to suspicious if bin Laden was killed right before an election. But then again Bush had been talking about going into Pakistan for the first time to get him.

Good Doctor HST
09-23-2006, 03:06 PM
I don't think the October Surprise will be air strikes against Iran. The public has shown its disappointment in the Iraq War in polls, so I don't think engaging Iran in conflict will make the GOP any more popular. Not that I don't think strikes against Iran will happen; I'm just saying that's probably not the surprise. Reporting that Osama Bin Laden has been killed would be a greater boost to the War on Terror, and could hold sway over tight races for house votes.

PhilosophyGenius
09-23-2006, 05:21 PM
I don't think the October Surprise will be air strikes against Iran. The public has shown its disappointment in the Iraq War in polls, so I don't think engaging Iran in conflict will make the GOP any more popular. Not that I don't think strikes against Iran will happen; I'm just saying that's probably not the surprise. Reporting that Osama Bin Laden has been killed would be a greater boost to the War on Terror, and could hold sway over tight races for house votes.

The majority of Americans (or something around that) support air strikes on Iran because unlike Iraq, the Iranians are openly admitting that they're enriching uranium. But of course Iran isn't a real threat and this is all govnt propaganda.

The bin Laden story could be the October suprised but accidentally leaked earlier and not all parties were informed yet. (LOL) If that was really the suprise it wasn't a very good one because Bush had nothing to do with it. But I do think that if the bin Laden character were to be killed off it would be by natural causes.

AuGmENTor
09-23-2006, 08:02 PM
Yeah, but if Osama is dead or captured and Saddam is captured too, a lot of people would equate that with war on terror is over. They might need to keep the Osama "boogie man" out there.Yeah but didn't I hear that he dies like MONTHS ago? What are they doin, surgically altering someone to LOOK like him?