PDA

View Full Version : Why did President Bush fly to Florida in the first place?

Good Doctor HST
09-10-2006, 11:45 AM
I know I brought this up before, but it just popped into my head again.

President Bush took a month off of work starting in late August 2001, and was scheduled to return to Washington on Labor Day (Sept. 3). Of course, it's described as a 'working' vacation, as he runs day-to-day from his Crawford Ranch, the 'Western White House'. So, let's assume he actually was accomplishing things down there in Crawford, you know, skipping around the stem-cell research debate, ignoring PDB's on Bin Laden attacks, etc.....

So he gets back to Washington Sept 3. He then takes a two-day trip about a week later to Florida to sit in at an elementary school and read about animals to third-graders? Does that even sound remotely reasonable? What about meeting up with members of Congress or other staffers to discuss national and international affairs, seeing as most of Congress takes a vacation around the same time, mid-to-late August?

What I'd like to know is what Bush's entire itinerary was those couple days in Florida? Was it just a visit to an elementary school? Was he at least stumping for his younger brother, who inexplicably put Florida under Martial Law on Sept 7? Why do that? I'm pretty sure the other states don't act the same way when the Commander-In-Chief graces them with his presence, and that's AFTER 9/11.....

Just some thoughts on a Sunday.

beltman713
09-10-2006, 04:10 PM
Maybe he had to make sure he was nowhere around Washington when the shit hit the fan. He went to Florida because his brother was governor there and with the marshal law in effect, Bush could be protected if the whole operation was a complete failure and they were all found out.

aceace
09-10-2006, 05:04 PM
Alibi....

PhilosophyGenius
09-10-2006, 06:43 PM
He problably went to Florida to spend some time with his brother in a harmless vacation and was too stupid to remember that the attacks were planned for that day.