PDA

View Full Version : The Toronto Sun Shamefully Says "We Should Nuke Iran"

Gold9472
09-02-2006, 02:18 PM
We should nuke Iran
FANATICAL, OPPRESSIVE LEADER MAHMOUD AHMADINEJAD PROVOKES WARS AND FINANCES TERROR

http://www.torontosun.com/Comment/2006/09/02/1795204-sun.html

By MICHAEL COREN, TORONTO SUN
9/2/2006

It is surely obvious now to anybody with even a basic understanding of history, politics and the nature of fascism that something revolutionary has to be done within months -- if not weeks -- if we are to preserve world peace.

Put boldly and simply, we have to drop a nuclear bomb on Iran.

Not, of course, the unleashing of full-scale thermo-nuclear war on the Persian people, but a limited and tactical use of nuclear weapons to destroy Iran's military facilities and its potential nuclear arsenal. It is, sadly, the only response that this repugnant and acutely dangerous political entity will understand.

The tragedy is that innocent people will die. But not many. Iran's missiles and rockets of mass destruction are guarded and maintained by men with the highest of security clearance and thus supportive of the Tehran regime. They are dedicated to war and, thus, will die in war.

Frankly, it would be churlish of the civilized world to deny martyrdom to those who seem so intent on its pursuance. Most important, a limited nuclear attack on Iran will save thousands if not millions of lives.

The spasm of reaction from many will be that this is barbaric and unacceptable. Yet a better response would be to ask if there is any sensible alternative. Diplomacy, kindness and compromise have failed and the Iranian leadership is still obsessed with all-out war against anybody it considers an enemy.

Its motives are beyond question, its capability equally so. It is spending billions of dollars on a whole range of anti-ship, anti-aircraft and anti-personnel missiles, rockets and ballistic weapons:

The Shahab 3ER missile, with a range of more than 2,000 km, and the BM25 and accompanying launchers, which are so powerful that they can hit targets in Europe. Raad missiles with a range of 350km. The Misaq anti-aircraft missile, which can be fired from the shoulder. The Fajar 3 radar-evading missile and the Ajdar underwater missile, which travels at an extraordinarily high speed and is almost impossible to intercept. The Zaltal and the Fatah 110 rocket, the Scud B and Scud C and the BM25 with a range of 3,500 kms.

Iran is also developing enormous propellant ballistic missiles and began a space program almost a decade ago that will enable it to bomb the United States. It is also assumed in intelligence circles that Tehran has Russian Kh55 cruise missiles stolen from Ukraine which are now being copied in large numbers by Iranian scientists.

Comparisons to the Nazis in the 1930s are unfair -- to the Nazis. Hitler had the French army, the largest in Europe, on his border and millions of Soviet infantry just a few hours march away. Iran has no aggressive enemies in the region.

Its fanatical leader, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, controls a brutal police state, finances international terror and provokes bloody wars in foreign countries. It is unimaginably wealthy because of its oil revenues and is committed, in its leader's words, to "rolling back 300 years of Western ascendancy" and wiping another nation, Israel, from the face of the earth.

A conventional attack would be insufficient because Iran and its allies seem only to listen to power and threat. Better limited pain now than universal suffering in five years.

The usual suspects will complain. The post-Christian churches, the Marxists, the fellow travelers and fifth columnists. But then, the same sort of people moaned and condemned in 1938. They were clearly wrong then. They would be just as wrong now.

thumper
09-02-2006, 02:19 PM
glass parking lot ftw

beltman713
09-02-2006, 04:09 PM
The whole point of not wanting someone like Iran or North Korea getting the bomb, is they "might" use it against someone or give it to terrorists who "might" use it against someone. So, isn't it funny that the only country threatening to use their nukes is us, the good old USA.

Cloak & Swagger
09-02-2006, 08:19 PM
The whole point of not wanting someone like Iran or North Korea getting the bomb, is they "might" use it against someone or give it to terrorists who "might" use it against someone. So, isn't it funny that the only country threatening to use their nukes is us, the good old USA.
America wasn't designed to be the aggressor.
Even if we have the capability, it was only to be used in self defense, not offense. The problem with our current administration is that they believe the opposite and are intent on driving America into the ground and then reshaping it into the war machine they always wanted.
We have people in power who think that after they were handed this shield that was America, they could carve it up, and sharpen it into a spear, and turn it against everyone, even ourselves.
On one hand, I'm glad that they've failed, and on the other, I'm sad because I know the American people are going to be paying for it for a very long time.

Partridge
09-03-2006, 03:04 PM
America wasn't designed to be the aggressor.
Even if we have the capability, it was only to be used in self defense, not offense.

Which is why two bombs were needlessly dropped Japan in 1945?

Gold9472
09-03-2006, 03:16 PM
Which is why two bombs were needlessly dropped Japan in 1945?

He was begged not to. Doesn't that count?

beltman713
09-03-2006, 03:41 PM
One can debate the needlessly part.

Gold9472
09-03-2006, 03:45 PM
Well... it ended the war... it was shitty for the Japanese that's for sure... of course... as Edwin Starr says, "War... What is it good for? Absolutely nothin', say it again..."

Chana3812
09-03-2006, 06:58 PM
Hey, Japan recovered and came back strong.

Chana3812
09-03-2006, 06:59 PM
Strong in economic terms I meant :)

AuGmENTor
09-03-2006, 07:42 PM
Strong in economic terms I meant :)That is also because we PAID for that shit. That was the start of income taxes my friends. They figured if each American family paid 600 dollars or so, they could rebuild it for them (war reparations) But it wasn't fair for every family to pay 600 dollars, so they invented a sliding scale, which based your families amount on your income. Well, it was so lucrative, they decided they'd be pretty damn stupid NOT to keep doing it. We let them (well. our grandparents did, anyway) and they never stopped. Pre-1945, there was no such thing as income taxes. The internal revenue service was origionally incepted to keep track of the internal finances of the US government. NOT of ours. But they slid right into the job, and no one said shit. Well, maybe they did, but there was limited communications, so I guess it was a bit easier for them back then. Which may be why they'd really like this pesky internet shut down...

beltman713
09-03-2006, 08:27 PM
Strong in economic terms I meant :)
I heard the guy wanting to replace the current prime minister, in Japan, wants to change that. He wants Japan to start building their military up again.

pigboy666
09-06-2006, 12:05 AM
I say Iran should be allowed to develope nuclear weapons and power. If they're smart enough to build the bomb, they're smart enough to know the consequences.

Michael Coren is a Jack-Ass for suggesting the USA should use small yield tactical nukes against Iran. This guy is famous for writing columns designed to get a rise out of people. I stopped reading articles by Coren 5 years ago because he is so full of shit. Michael Coren is no better that Sean Hannity.