PDA

View Full Version : Double Standards For 9/11 Blame

Gold9472
09-01-2006, 02:29 PM
New ABC Docudrama Blames Clinton For 9/11, Praises Bush

http://thinkprogress.org/2006/09/01/abc-blame-clinton/

(Gold9472: ABC proves ONCE AGAIN that as long as you play it safe, and link Clinton to 9/11, then it's ok to talk about, but try to link 9/11 to Bush, and you get labeled unpatriotic.)

On September 10 and 11, ABC will air a "docudrama" called "The Path to 9/11." It was written by Cyrus Nowrasteh, who describes himself as "more of a libertarian than a strict conservative," and is giving interviews to hard-right sites like FrontPageMag to promote the film.

What will it say about President Clinton? Here's Rush Limbaugh with a preview:

A friend of mine [Cyrus Nowrasteh] out in California has produced and filmed - I think it's a two-part mini-series on 9/11 that ABC is going to run in prime-time over two nights, close to or on 9/11. It's sort of surprising that ABC's picked it up, to me. I've had a lot of people tell me about it, my friends told me about it - And from what I have been told, the film really zeros in on the shortcomings of the Clinton administration in doing anything about militant Islamofascism or terrorism during its administration. It cites failures of Bill Clinton and Madeleine Albright and Sandy Burglar.

How does it deal with President Bush? Salon has a review:

Condoleezza Rice gets that fated memo about planes flying into buildings, and makes it very clear to anyone who'll listen just how concerned President Bush is about these terrorist threats - despite the fact that we're given little concrete evidence of the president's concern or interest in taking action. Maybe my memory fails me, but the only person I remember talking about Osama bin Laden back in 1998 was President Clinton, while the current anti-terrorist stalwarts worked the country into a frenzy over what? Blow jobs. In the end, "The Path to 9/11" feels like an excruciatingly long, winding and deceptive path, indeed.

The director of the film, David Cunningham, is already backtracking about its accuracy, saying "this is not a documentary." OK, fair enough. But the movie is being billed as "based on The 9/11 Commission Report."

beltman713
09-01-2006, 04:52 PM
What a bunch of bullshit!!!!

Tonya
09-01-2006, 05:12 PM
WTF????

Of course, letrs blame Clinton. Stupid Mo Fo's! This shit pisses me off.

I'm not saying Clinton is totally innocent, i am just saying---WTF about the BushCo.???

And to say it is'nt a documentary...as to say, 'hey we can put any claims we want and leave out important things you should know about..because, well, it isn't a documentary'---all the while knowing the public is going to take as truth. I have seen their commercials and it looks very compelling, like it is letting you in on a dark, cocered up secret, and so I thought maybe it would show some things about the BushCo. that would make americans start to question, but NO, no, it looks like we have to put all blame on Clinton.
AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!