PDA

View Full Version : Getting into arguments

ParallaxView
08-22-2006, 09:29 AM
I am currently engaged in a very heated debate on 9/11 and "conspiracy theories" on another non 9/11 related board i frequent.

Basically people are asking me why I think the government had foreknowledge or were complicit in the attacks.

I used Paul Thompsons timeline as source for repeated intelligence warnings for the attack.

They are now telling me this source isnt credible despite the fact he has collated 5000 articles from legit sources.

Some people.... (i'll post with updates on the argument,its really annoying me)

Edit: okay so apparently now Paul Thompson is some 'nutjob'

Eckolaker
08-22-2006, 11:05 AM
Bring up Norman Mineta's testimony.

ParallaxView
08-22-2006, 11:12 AM
Bring up Norman Mineta's testimony.

Good call. In my last post I brought up Insider trading, ISI wiring money to Atta and the unmuslim behaviour of the hijackers pre attacks. They havent answered so far.

ParallaxView
08-22-2006, 12:04 PM
Mentioned the Mineta testimony at the end I said:

" If this was a shootdown order why was it seemingly ignored? Not to mention the missile batteries that the Pentagon has."

they replied with

"IF it was a shootdown order. It could have been a plane to evacuate him, the President or other important members of the administration. That's just my speculation, I have no idea if it's true. But neither do you, and that's the point. You're assuming things."

to which I said

" I was inferring that if it wasnt a shootdown order (which if it was it was ignored) it was a standdown order. I can't see it being an evacuation order myself as they were in the PEOC at the time which is a bunker underneath the White House able to withstand much greater attacks than a commerical airliner crashing into a building above it. And the president was in Florida at the time.

The Pentagon was hit 1 hour and 20 minutes after the first plane struck the WTC yet in this time no fighters are scrambled from Andrews only 10 miles away."

And then I get this c*ap in reply:

"I think Cheney had ordered extra hot. But Dominoes called in to say that all their employees were busy watching the TV and that the delay would be up to an hour. Cheney meanwhile wanted to finish eating the pizza before the plane arrived, because he knew he'd have to see the press and he needed time to wipe the pizza sauce off his fingers. So Dominoes arranged for a light aircraft to deliver the pizza, BECAUSE DOMINOES IS RUN BY JEWS AND THEY KNEW ALL ABOUT 9/11, IN FACT IT WAS A ZIONIST CONSPIRACY ALL ALONG!!! OMFG11!!1"

:-\

PhilosophyGenius
08-22-2006, 05:15 PM
Post a documentary or something.

ParallaxView
08-22-2006, 05:29 PM
They instantly dismiss "loose change" and the like instantly. It's like today when I was using Paul Thompsons timeline as a source. I was on about foreknowledge especially regards drills and intelligence warnings. It took me almost an hour to transcribe across the points I wanted to get across.

They dismissed it all as someone "only assembling the sources suited to his story" (this was aimed at Thompson not me!!)

When I brought up the mineta testimony they said it could of meant anything that "a plane was coming to evacuate the president" (wtf?) etc I pointed out that the testimony was specifically describing flight 77 and that the president was in florida and cheney wouldnt need evacuating as they were in the PEOC. Straight after they get on about Pizza deliveries and accuse me of being a foil hatted anti-semite.

It was literally me against 3 skeptics arguing from around 10 this morning until around 4 this afternoon. Whenever I got to a specific question they couldnt answer they got picky with my grammar and started with the anti-semitic crap. It's really drained me.

I feel belittled and it kinda hurt when one of them said I had a complete lack of knowledge concerning the attacks. Despite 2 posts later me referring to the 9/11 commission and them not even knowing there was one. It was like banging my head against the wall. The thing is they aren't stupid people. They are intelligent and articulate.

I cannot begin to describe how drained I feel. I started the topic in here out of a need to vent to like minds.

ParallaxView
08-22-2006, 06:35 PM
I know I'm probably dragging this on a bit but I guess I really have let them grind me down. It feels like I'm having a "crisis of faith" as it were.

I'm still 100% on my stance on it being an "inside job". My crisis of faith is in myself I guess. I guess I'm feeling down on myself for not being able to communicate the message of "9.11 truth" effectively. How am I to be effective in getting the truth out there to people if people respond like this to me?

I guess you all think I'm nuts but it's drained me and I keep doubting myself now.

thumper
08-22-2006, 06:48 PM
i bet that board is iidb.org

ParallaxView
08-22-2006, 07:11 PM
It was an entirely unrelated board to 9/11 etc. It's primarily a video game board and the discussion concerned took place in the "off topic" section of the board.

thumper
08-22-2006, 07:55 PM
just show them an AJ video off of google

blove8
08-22-2006, 11:13 PM
Some will never want to learn, listen, or care. They are probably not capable of any of these. Even Noam Chomsky thinks 911 theories are 'conspiracy theories'. Denial runs deep in this day and age. When this seems to be the case, it's time to move on.

AuGmENTor
08-22-2006, 11:28 PM
My crisis of faith is in myself I guess. I guess I'm feeling down on myself for not being able to communicate the message of "9.11 truth" effectively. How am I to be effective in getting the truth out there to people if people respond like this to me? Well, don't do that. No point in getting down on yourself. These people are like anti logic. You are trying to wake people up taht have been asleep their whole life, and they don't like it. They will do anthing to protect their version of reality.
Arguing on the internet is like being in the special olympics.... You may win, but you're still retarded.

Tonya
08-22-2006, 11:39 PM
"
Arguing on the internet is like being in the special olympics.... You may win, but you're still retarded."

OMG---that is funny--i feel bad, but it is funny.

yeah dude, don't lose faith. YOU know the truth and that is what counts. Don't get so overwhelmed with this that you get depressed---because it is easy to do. Once you know, you know. You can't go back. At least we have each other when we get down.

There is soooo much info that is so disturbing and upsetting---it can break you. It is heartbreaking to realize how much we have been deceived by our own gov. We need passionate people to spread the truth, to help to raise the questions that have yet to be answered. You are doing good just by having these discussions. Even if they walk away feeling they won, they have still been exposed and maybe they will start to question something about the official conspiracy--even if they never admit it to you.
People don't like to be proven wrong, and they will fight like crazy to hold on to what they thought was right, what they thought they knew. Because, well, it is difficult for some to accept that they were fooled. They take it as a personal flaw.

Anyway, keep your head up. Don't let assholes get you down.

ParallaxView
08-23-2006, 04:44 AM
Thanks for the support you guys. It means a lot. That "special olympics" line, someone actually posted that in the thread.lol.Except that posted a picture too.I'm not going back into the thread. I sent the guy a fairly long PM detailing why I thought the official story was bulls*it and that I really didn't want to argue with him anymore about it. I worked it out later that I was arguing with 3 guys about it (with me being a lone voice) from 9.30 in the AM until 5 in the afternoon. It was relentless.

Anyway,today is a new day and I woke up feeling refreshed. I'm not letting a handful of people get me down about it all.

Again,thanks! :-D

AuGmENTor
08-23-2006, 05:15 AM
Heh, early rising insomniac, just like me...

ParallaxView
08-23-2006, 06:09 AM
Not too early,I'm in England.It's 11.10 am here!

PhilosophyGenius
08-23-2006, 05:17 PM
If you want you could just post a link to that site and we'll come over there and help you.

ParallaxView
08-23-2006, 05:34 PM
Well the incident has disappeared into the nether regions of page 2 on the forum now. I pm'ed the guy saying that it was unfair being hounded from half nine in the morning till 5 in the afternoon by people who didn't agree with me. I laid my points out as to why I believe the official story to be b*lls*it. Clearly and in bullet points. I said I was prepared to talk to him about it more via PM so he could dispute my points etc and I haven't had a reply back yet.

So either he think's he's above me or he doesn't have a comeback. Or a combination of the two. The funniest thing about it was when some of them said I had a complete lack of knowledge concerning the events yet two posts later the same person didn't know what I meant when I kept referring to the "commission report". He didnt even know there was one!

All of the people are very intelligent and articulate and I think that's one of the factors as to why they can't see past the lies. Their pride.

PhilosophyGenius
08-23-2006, 06:39 PM
Well the incident has disappeared into the nether regions of page 2 on the forum now. I pm'ed the guy saying that it was unfair being hounded from half nine in the morning till 5 in the afternoon by people who didn't agree with me. I laid my points out as to why I believe the official story to be b*lls*it. Clearly and in bullet points. I said I was prepared to talk to him about it more via PM so he could dispute my points etc and I haven't had a reply back yet.

So either he think's he's above me or he doesn't have a comeback. Or a combination of the two. The funniest thing about it was when some of them said I had a complete lack of knowledge concerning the events yet two posts later the same person didn't know what I meant when I kept referring to the "commission report". He didnt even know there was one!

All of the people are very intelligent and articulate and I think that's one of the factors as to why they can't see past the lies. Their pride.

Just make a big "Fuck you" thread to everyone on that forum. Sure you'll get banned but at least you'll go out with a bang.