California's Proposition 65.)

2. Monosodium glutamate (MSG), which is added to thousands of food and
grocery products through a dozen different innocent-sounding
ingredients, imbalances endocrine system function, disabling normal
appetite regulation and causing consumers to keep eating more food. This
chemical not only contributes to nationwide obesity, it also helps food
companies boost repeat business.

3. MSG is routinely hidden in foods in these ingredients: yeast extract,
torula yeast, hydrolyzed vegetable protein and autolyzed yeast.
Thousands of common grocery products contain one or more of these
chemical taste enhancers, including nearly all "vegetarian" foods such
as veggie burgers (read labels to check).

4. ADHD in children is caused almost entirely by the consumption of
processed food ingredients such as artificial colors and refined
carbohydrates. Eighty percent of so-called ADHD children who are taken
off processed foods are cured of ADHD in two weeks.

http://www.newstarget.com/019957.html

thumper
08-19-2006, 12:56 PM
http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-7108137323833021886&q=aspartame&hl=en-CA

Cloak & Swagger
08-19-2006, 02:06 PM
It wasn't until recently that I started looking out for foods or drinks that have aspartame and/or high fructose corn syrup. It's pretty hard to avoid, especially the high fructose corn syrup, but it's for the better.
I just want real sugar, or even better if it's organic sugar, keep everything else away from me.

PhilosophyGenius
08-19-2006, 04:43 PM
That's why you gotta eat everything organic.

AuGmENTor
08-19-2006, 07:55 PM
That's why you gotta eat everything organic.I tried. To feed a family my size organically would cost roughly five hunderd duckies a week. I love them dearly, but that aint happening. I do avoid alot of the crap. (For them, I eat nothing BUT crap these days) Aspertame should have a black box warning on it. Watching this vid right now. As long as they turn a profit, they don't care if it kills you or not. Refined sugar is the other white powder that'll kill you.

beltman713
08-19-2006, 08:57 PM
Asians eat MSG the way we eat salt, you don't see them dropping dead like crazy.

AuGmENTor
08-19-2006, 09:52 PM
Asians eat MSG the way we eat salt, you don't see them dropping dead like crazy.
You make a good point. ALOT of people (Millions I'm sure) Eat all of these things every DAY. Why don't we ALL have lemon sized tumors? I understand some may just have a natural Immunity to certain things, but statistically it just doesn't add up. DU for instance. I know it's all over out in the middle east (and in alot more places than that depending on who you listen to). Alot of the people who served with me over there are dead now, but alot of us aren't. Our trucks kicked up clouds of dust that were literally miles wide. I should have come back with no hair, bleeding gums, and a third testicle. And yet I have nothing at all wrong with me (A debatable fact, I know). Why is it this way. When someone can answer that, I'll pay a bit more attention to these scares. I think it just may be another form of fear mongering.

PhilosophyGenius
08-20-2006, 12:30 AM
Well obviously you arent gonna see people going into convultion after eating a fast-food burger or Chinese food but we're all aware of its effects whether we know it or not. America has the highest rate of blood pressure, cancer, heart attacks, ADD, and all that other crap in the world; even though we're the richest nation with the most amount of medication.

Just look at how thin people are overseas compared to hear, and if we go overseas we lose weight, and vice versa for them. So right there you know something is up with our food.

PhilosophyGenius
08-20-2006, 12:32 AM
And you worry about cost, I'd say the most important thing is to drink bottled water to avoid the chorline and eat organic fruits and vegtables. Those 2 are the most important.

Here's another tip if you drink sodas, diet is actually WORSE than regular. They use a chemical more processed and fattning than sugar so that they can market the whole 'zero calerie less sugar' thing.

Cloak & Swagger
08-20-2006, 02:29 AM
Just look at how thin people are overseas compared to hear, and if we go overseas we lose weight, and vice versa for them. So right there you know something is up with our food.
haha,
sounds like you have an excellent diet plan then PG, fuck Jenny Craig, Southbeach, and Atkins, just get the fuck out of the country!

Cloak & Swagger
08-20-2006, 02:39 AM
Reminds me of the doc "Supersize Me", where there's somebody Morgan's interviewing who's visiting the states from Europe who says that their largest meal portions served over there are our medium size servings. So, just based on amount that says quite a bit.
I also noticed a difference among the states, from states in the south, which tend to take pride in piling it on your plate, to states in the north or on the coasts, like NY for example, the servings were much more appropriate. I think L.A. has moved beyond food, everything you ingest there comes in a pill.

thumper
08-20-2006, 04:54 PM
i never feed mcdonalds to the pups

PhilosophyGenius
08-20-2006, 05:21 PM
But more than that, it's the chemicals put in our foods which make us so fat. Its the growth hormons injected into animals to make them bigger which make us fat when we eat it. And it's the chemicals sprayed on our fruits and greens which make us sick- along with the stuff put in tap water.

Bottom line: Drink bottled water, eat organic fruits. I dont think non-organic meats would make you sick but it would make you fat. But as I've posted before, they're now irradating rotten meat and selling it:
http://yourbbsucks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11730

Even more of a reason to eat organic.