PDA

View Full Version : 78% INCOME TAX RATE HIKE?

OrlandoMary
04-08-2005, 01:30 PM
78% INCOME TAX RATE HIKE?

By: Devvy

April 8, 2005

NewsWithViews.com

Grab a cup of coffee and bear with me on the length of this column. I continue to get more phone calls and e-mails than I can handle. Americans are worried. They are getting angrier by the minute. They want to know what they can do and how bad is it - really? Patrick Henry said we are apt to close our eyes against a painful truth. So, true, but closing our eyes isn't going to fix any problem and it certainly won't make it any easier to make sure your assets are protected because bigger trouble is coming on the economic horizon.

According to the White House's Minister of Disinformation and Deceit, in a speech at the Detroit Economic Club by President Bush on February 8, 2005, Bush "discussed his strategy for ensuring America's prosperity by restraining spending, promoting pro-growth policies, and strengthening institutions like Social Security for future generations. The President has put forth an ambitious agenda to ensure that America's economy remains the most prosperous in the world. To accomplish this, he has proposed a three-pillar strategy, which includes: restraining spending by the Federal Government; working with Congress to pass legislation that promotes economic growth - including making his tax cuts permanent; and reforming the institutions fundamental to American society, so that they can meet the realities of our new century."

This is rather interesting when one compares other reports and statistics available both before and after this speech by Bush. Is the economy doing great? Why do pundits use the words "sluggish, but improving." What is the truth? The real truth is being told by individuals like Richard D. Caccavale, who stated in his February 24, 2005, column, America's Parallel World: "Every aspect of America seems permeated with debt, and that should be worrisome to all who are more prudent. This incomprehensible, staggering debt weighs heavily upon society and there is only one entity that benefits; that being the elitist cartel of banks. When the Soviet Union collapsed, it was not because communism was defeated, but rather it was a collapse of their currency caused by insurmountable debt. "
[much, much more]

http://www.newswithviews.com/Devvy/kidd97.htm

OrlandoMary
www.maryschneider.us

princesskittypoo
04-10-2005, 01:41 PM
i think it's insane that you can find one expert to say the economy is doing good and another to say it's doing bad. personally i think if you can't find a job eventually the economy is going to the pot. and i wouldn't need to ask anyone their opinion on that.