PDA

View Full Version : Public Access TV

DRsandbox
08-17-2006, 08:24 PM
Ok gang, this is what I'm thinking and doing about Alex's call to action!

I started showing Terror Storm on my public access TV station and after it's first showing I realize it wasn't enough, so I called a few friends and now loose change is going to run starting in the first week of September. I have some other friends that are sluggishly getting to fill out their applications and go to the orientation meeting, but my goal is to have 7 films, 7 days a week up on access TV by the end of October. I was hoping I could persuade others to do the same. If my friends and I dominate access TV in my town with these films, there is a better chance of more people waking up and getting involved! One of the extra benefits of showing these films on access is that my local access station streams there channels over the internet. There for, if these films showed on other access streams and a schedule was kept. we could help people find internet streams that they could connect to. We would also allow for more people to make VHS copies off the TV stations broadcast at home and pass those out, I see this as a Documentary syndication network, being abel to take mind opening, truth telling films to the public via access TV in mass. I obviously am not the first to play a documentary on public access but I can't be the last! A little organization will help get the word out faster and with greater impact.

If you know when Alex Jones films and other great 911 films are airing on your public access TV stations, please post the times and dates for others!

Hears the times, dates and Time zone info for Terror Storm playing on Access Tucson.

Thru the end of August, "Terror Storm" By Alex Jones will be playing on Public access TV channel 98 (cox) 73 (comcast) the film will play twice a week: on Monday @12am and Thursday @1am (that would be Sunday and Wednesday night for some folks)

Thru the month of September, "Terror Storm" will be playing on Public access TV channel 97 (cox) 72 (comcast) the film will play twice a week: on Sundays @10pm and Wednesdays @12am (that would be Tuesday night to some folks)

This stream is out of Tucson Arizona and the time zone down hear is Mountain standard Time, the weirdest time zone in the country, see we don't observe Daylight savings time and for half the year we are Pacific time and the other half we are Central time, Right now we are Pacific Time.

The Website for the station and streams is: access.tucson.org
look for "now playing" on the page and see the three channel streams, 72/97, 73/98, 74/99.
This station has three channels and covers two cable systems, Cox and Comcast.

You can find your local Access TV station by looking hear, this is a National Public Access Website.
http://www.communitymedia.se/cat/linksus.htm