PDA

View Full Version : The Media Is Telling Us That Iran Is Going To Attack U.S Or Israel On August 22nd

Gold9472
08-10-2006, 11:05 PM
August 22
Does Iran have something in store?

http://www.opinionjournal.com/extra/?id=110008768&mod=RSS_Opinion_Journal&ojrss=frontpage

(Gold9472: I also heard Tucker Carlson (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8063292/) mentioned something about this, and it's also being published on WorldNetDaily (http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=51445).)

BY BERNARD LEWIS
Tuesday, August 8, 2006 4:30 p.m. EDT

During the Cold War, both sides possessed weapons of mass destruction, but neither side used them, deterred by what was known as MAD, mutual assured destruction. Similar constraints have no doubt prevented their use in the confrontation between India and Pakistan. In our own day a new such confrontation seems to be looming between a nuclear-armed Iran and its favorite enemies, named by the late Ayatollah Khomeini as the Great Satan and the Little Satan, i.e., the United States and Israel. Against the U.S. the bombs might be delivered by terrorists, a method having the advantage of bearing no return address. Against Israel, the target is small enough to attempt obliteration by direct bombardment.

It seems increasingly likely that the Iranians either have or very soon will have nuclear weapons at their disposal, thanks to their own researches (which began some 15 years ago), to some of their obliging neighbors, and to the ever-helpful rulers of North Korea. The language used by Iranian President Ahmadinejad would seem to indicate the reality and indeed the imminence of this threat.

Would the same constraints, the same fear of mutual assured destruction, restrain a nuclear-armed Iran from using such weapons against the U.S. or against Israel?

There is a radical difference between the Islamic Republic of Iran and other governments with nuclear weapons. This difference is expressed in what can only be described as the apocalyptic worldview of Iran's present rulers. This worldview and expectation, vividly expressed in speeches, articles and even schoolbooks, clearly shape the perception and therefore the policies of Ahmadinejad and his disciples.

Even in the past it was clear that terrorists claiming to act in the name of Islam had no compunction in slaughtering large numbers of fellow Muslims. A notable example was the blowing up of the American embassies in East Africa in 1998, killing a few American diplomats and a much larger number of uninvolved local passersby, many of them Muslims. There were numerous other Muslim victims in the various terrorist attacks of the last 15 years.

The phrase "Allah will know his own" is usually used to explain such apparently callous unconcern; it means that while infidel, i.e., non-Muslim, victims will go to a well-deserved punishment in hell, Muslims will be sent straight to heaven. According to this view, the bombers are in fact doing their Muslim victims a favor by giving them a quick pass to heaven and its delights--the rewards without the struggles of martyrdom. School textbooks tell young Iranians to be ready for a final global struggle against an evil enemy, named as the U.S., and to prepare themselves for the privileges of martyrdom.

A direct attack on the U.S., though possible, is less likely in the immediate future. Israel is a nearer and easier target, and Mr. Ahmadinejad has given indication of thinking along these lines. The Western observer would immediately think of two possible deterrents. The first is that an attack that wipes out Israel would almost certainly wipe out the Palestinians too. The second is that such an attack would evoke a devastating reprisal from Israel against Iran, since one may surely assume that the Israelis have made the necessary arrangements for a counterstrike even after a nuclear holocaust in Israel.

The first of these possible deterrents might well be of concern to the Palestinians--but not apparently to their fanatical champions in the Iranian government. The second deterrent--the threat of direct retaliation on Iran--is, as noted, already weakened by the suicide or martyrdom complex that plagues parts of the Islamic world today, without parallel in other religions, or for that matter in the Islamic past. This complex has become even more important at the present day, because of this new apocalyptic vision.

casseia
08-10-2006, 11:25 PM
Whoa, whoa, whoa.

The last I read was that Iran was nowhere near being able to enrich uranium to the level necessary to make a bomb. If they have a nuke, they got it from someone. To echo the freaking tagline I've been hearing all day ("This has all the hallmarks of an al Qaeda plan") this has FALSE FLAG written all the fuck over it.

Gold9472
08-10-2006, 11:30 PM
I don't know... I think this is either the media giving us, as George W. Bush said today, a "reminder" that there is danger in the world.

Or, there are legitimate terrorists who want to do us harm.

Or, the Powers that Be have become so completely arrogant in their power, that they're actually telling us when they're going to kill more of us.

Gold9472
08-10-2006, 11:35 PM
They can not sustain the war in Lebanon. Not without pissing off countries like Russia (http://apnews.myway.com/article/20060810/D8JDRV7O0.html).

They do need another attack in order to further their agenda of attacking Syria and Iran. I have no doubt about that.

casseia
08-10-2006, 11:41 PM
I agree, and I have no doubt that there are Muslims who would like to blow us up. What I doubt is that there's a STATE that wants to do that. It's just ever so convenient, a great way to start WWIII.

PhilosophyGenius
08-10-2006, 11:44 PM
Pat Buchanan owned some idiot who was spreading this propaganda on Scarborough Country. The guy was talking about how the 22nd was going to be huge (as in the article) and Buchanan rebutted that Iran doesnt have the capability and that guys like that arnt stupid enough to do it because they know they'll be whiped out. The guy stayed quiet.

PhilosophyGenius
08-10-2006, 11:48 PM
Iran could obviously do serious damage to the globe but I don't think they would make the first move.

Gold9472
08-10-2006, 11:49 PM
Iran DOES have the capability. They are in control of one of the largest terrorist organizations in the world. A LEGITIMATE terrorist organization. Not like "Al-Qaeda". If they wanted to, they could strike us anywhere in the world.

However, I think he does have a point in saying that Ahmadinejad is not that stupid (http://www.yourbbsucks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11517).

Which is one of the reasons I wrote this (http://www.yourbbsucks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10319).

PhilosophyGenius
08-10-2006, 11:57 PM
It's known that Hezbollah has capable cells around the world and is funded/armed by Iran. But I really don't see Nasrallah giving the order to blow up Americans under Admadijad's orders knowing what the response would be in light of what's happening now.

In my opinion I dont think Hezbollah would use there cells to attack targets around the world unless things got critical in there country or Iran was attacked. Jihadists or not, Iran isn't making the first move otherwise they'd tell the UN to go f' themselves with all these resolutions.

Gold9472
08-11-2006, 12:00 AM
Exactly. They wouldn't benefit from it. Not in the slightest. It would not benefit Iran to attack ANYONE because it would bring a nuclear holocaust (http://www.yourbbsucks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11966) down upon them.

Gold9472
08-11-2006, 12:09 AM
So, by that logic... if there is another attack, I know who I'm going to blame first.

Gold9472
08-11-2006, 12:09 AM
Nite.

PhilosophyGenius
08-11-2006, 12:13 AM
Oh, and Buchanan's main point was that Iran doesnt even have nuclear fussilogs while Israel has 100 atomic bombs...which is why this scenario being pushed by the media is unrealistic.

dstrong
08-11-2006, 08:15 AM
hello everyone,

I'm the guy who interviewed Jon Gold a few months back. Quite an exciting edge of your seat interview...well, i thought so. thanks again jon. well, now i'm over in south korea teaching english to a bunch of loud snotty kids. anyways, i have a bunch of free time now, so i editied one of my broadcasts on my old show and posted it on my free usd student page. unfortunately i had to delete the gold interview to make room for it.

here it is

http://www.usd.edu/~dstrong/911revisited^2.mp3

check it out. I call it, 911 revisited revisted.

I hope to make it into a video eventually. I get motivated to take on the nw0 every time i listen to it.

Gold9472
08-11-2006, 08:48 AM
hello everyone,

I'm the guy who interviewed Jon Gold a few months back. Quite an exciting edge of your seat interview...well, i thought so. thanks again jon. well, now i'm over in south korea teaching english to a bunch of loud snotty kids. anyways, i have a bunch of free time now, so i editied one of my broadcasts on my old show and posted it on my free usd student page. unfortunately i had to delete the gold interview to make room for it.

here it is

http://www.usd.edu/~dstrong/911revisited^2.mp3

check it out. I call it, 911 revisited revisted.

I hope to make it into a video eventually. I get motivated to take on the nw0 every time i listen to it.

Hi Daniel. Hope all is well.

Gold9472
08-19-2006, 03:31 PM
August 22nd is a Tuesday.

Cloak & Swagger
08-19-2006, 04:29 PM
Which means something major must come before it in the next couple of days.
Oh, btw, what military operations are being run right now...?
IRAN'S WARGAME (http://www.falseflagnews.com/wargames/iran_plans_new_war_games_to_begin_saturday_aug._19 ) just started today...
And the U.S. and Canada are running VIGILANT GUARDIAN 2006 (http://www.falseflagnews.com/wargames/more_on_vigilant_guardian_aug_19-27), hmmmmm, why does that sound familiar?
Everybody keep their heads on a swivel for the next few days.

PhilosophyGenius
08-19-2006, 04:39 PM
I remember hearing a newscaster say a while ago that in the last Zawahiri tape he said there were 2 major attacks planned in Britain.

(something along those lines, we know that one of those has been 'foiled')

beltman713
08-19-2006, 09:05 PM
I saw on Fox News today some guy, some expert. They were talking about North Korea possibly doing an underground nuclear test. They showed a clip of Bush waring NK against doing this. The expert said Bush's warnings mean nothing. If NK wants to do a test, they'll do a test. There's not a thing Bush can do about it. They already have the bomb, so there's nothing we can do to them. Then he goes on to say... Iran, on the other hand, doesn't have the bomb yet, so we still have time to do about them.

So that whole segment was just another, "Let's get Iran before they get the bomb", bit.

Gold9472
08-19-2006, 09:12 PM
Could they be so arrogant as to attack us again?

beltman713
08-19-2006, 09:19 PM
Could they be so arrogant as to attack us again?
I think it will be more desperation than arrogance. I think they truly thought 9/11 would be enough to achieve all of their goals, and that they would get away with it completely. Now, with all the suspicion surrounding 9/11 and their failed policies, they are getting desperate.

Gold9472
08-19-2006, 09:20 PM
I think it will be more desperation than arrogance. I think they truly thought 9/11 would be enough to achieve all of their goals, and that they would get away with it completely. Now, with all the suspicion surrounding 9/11 and their failed policies, they are getting desperate.

I mean to do it on August 22nd...

beltman713
08-19-2006, 09:21 PM
I mean to do it on August 22nd...
I don't know. That might be a little hard to pull off, since people will be looking for it.

Gold9472
08-19-2006, 09:22 PM
I don't know. That might be a little hard to pull off, since people will be looking for it.

Right... so I don't think we have much to worry about for Tuesday.

Gold9472
08-19-2006, 09:29 PM
9/11, 3/11, 7/7, 7/11, and 8/22 is Tuesday... I don't see a pattern other than the three "11's", and that 22 is 11x2.

PhilosophyGenius
08-20-2006, 12:25 AM
I think the whole 8/22 thing is just something some idiot put out there to get on tv and other idiots in the media picked up on it thinking it was the real deal and that's how it became somewhat big in the media. But that's not to say the thread starter is an idiot for posting it. :)

Gold9472
08-21-2006, 04:36 PM
ABC: Tomorrow is Shiite 'day of reckoning'

http://www.rawstory.com/news/2006/ABC_Tomorrow_Shiite_day_of_reckoning_0821.html

Published: Monday August 21, 2006

A report in the ABC News blog claims that US authorities aren't taking extra precautions, but are on the watch for increased terror activity, as tomorrow marks the Shi'ite "day of reckoning."

Relevant excerpts follow:

August 22 was rumored by intelligence experts to be a possible date that the London plotters would blow-up passenger planes headed towards the United States, though it is not known if the suspects were Shiite extremists.

This year, August 22 marks the holy day on the Islamic calendar that is the day of reckoning for Shiites. Some Shiite sects believe that August 22 could correspond to the end of the world. And just today, after much hype, Iran has announced that it will continue to develop its nuclear program. To followers of Iranian President Ahmadinejad, this is a well-timed affront to Israel, the United States and the world. The United Nations had given Iran until the end of the month to respond, but Ahmadinejad had made it clear to all Iranians and the world that he intended to respond on the eve of August 22.

Whether or not this announcement is the end of Ahmadinejad's plans for August 22, one expert says we will have to wait and watch.

Ian C
08-21-2006, 05:21 PM
Less an attack...if anything it'll be another "we saved the world" terrorist bust

AuGmENTor
08-21-2006, 06:00 PM
Less an attack...if anything it'll be another "we saved the world" terrorist bust
That's what my money's on. No attack, but a bust maybe. Or just maybe nothin at all. You can't predict shit like this. I know the whole AJ thing before 9/11, but that hadda be a fluke or something.

PhilosophyGenius
08-21-2006, 06:43 PM
I predidict NOTHING will happen tomorrow and this dude who's promoting his stupid book must go back on his cable news tour and apoligize.

Gold9472
08-21-2006, 06:44 PM
I think the media should apologize for fear mongering.

Cloak & Swagger
08-21-2006, 06:47 PM
If another false flag op attempt is made, by any government on any soil, I hope that it fails, and nobody dies, and the whole thing is quickly revealed for being a false flag op. thus serving as the finger snap to awaken the world, particularly Americans out of their coma and realize their government has been infiltrated by a criminal element that seeks to dominate the world by destroying it and rebuilding it in the image of a fascist empire.
Otherwise, I guess I'll be seeing some of you at the FEMA camps.
I hear they have great soups and board games.

Gold9472
08-21-2006, 06:52 PM
If another false flag op attempt is made, by any government on any soil, I hope that it fails, and nobody dies, and the whole thing is quickly revealed for being a false flag op. thus serving as the finger snap to awaken the world, particularly Americans out of their coma and realize their government has been infiltrated by a criminal element that seeks to dominate the world by destroying it and rebuilding it in the image of a fascist empire.
Otherwise, I guess I'll be seeing some of you at the FEMA camps.
I hear they have great soups and board games.

Did you see Rawstory has a banner of 9/11: Press For Truth? SWEET

PhilosophyGenius
08-21-2006, 07:03 PM
I was watching the first segment of Cavuto's show today (FOX news) and they were propagananizing like I've never seen in my life. They bascially had tons of different guests within a span of 5 minutes all saying in unison that Iran is the center of world terror, is building nukes, and plans on blackmailing everyone in the world with them. They all said it as they knew those things were facts.

That was good for a laugh, at there IQ that is.

beltman713
08-21-2006, 07:20 PM
I was watching the first segment of Cavuto's show today (FOX news) and they were propagananizing like I've never seen in my life. They bascially had tons of different guests within a span of 5 minutes all saying in unison that Iran is the center of world terror, is building nukes, and plans on blackmailing everyone in the world with them. They all said it as they knew those things were facts.

That was good for a laugh, at there IQ that is.
Don't laugh too much, these assholes will have half of America believing everything they just said is FACT, like it was carved in stone.

Gold9472
08-21-2006, 07:48 PM
http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/august2006/210806apocalypse.htm

AuGmENTor
08-21-2006, 09:15 PM
Didn't AJ himself say that something was gonna go down?

Tonya
08-21-2006, 10:13 PM
I think I read that Bernard Lewis, the expert on Middle East issues from Princeton, helps out with policies or something with this administration.

Also, Richard Spencer, the director of JihadWatch.org is a part of a conservative think tank.

These people on Fox doing the fear mongering too---all of this, isn't it just preparing us for the agenda of getting into Iran? I mean, we knew they are dying to get in there--get everywhere over there, and they just need an excuse.

Maybe they have intellegence that something is going to happen and are going to let it happen so they have permission by the american people to go get em'. Maybe they are setting something up themselves. (LIHOP, MIHOP?)

Maybe nothing.

All I know is that I will always look at this administration first. I will always suspect that they are putting us in danger to take advantage and further their agenda. They know that america in fear gives them ultimate power to do what they want.

AuGmENTor
08-21-2006, 10:24 PM
I don't see the point. Iran isn't some shit poke country, wallowing in their own crapulence. Your're not gonna just bomb them into submission. So what would be the point of a false flag op to justify going into a country you're not prepared to take over? What are they gonna do, nuke the middle east? Then we'd have noone left to blame everything on, or play with.

casseia
08-21-2006, 11:15 PM
You know, actually Iraq wasn't really "wallowing in its own crapulence" either. Yes, they had a shitty dictator with sociopathic sons, but they also had a functional economy, basic safety to come and go from their homes (unless you caught the eye of Uday or whichever son viewed the entire female population as his stable of fucktoys), electricity a lot more of the time, and civil order. I'm not defending police states, I'm just noting that we took a functional, secular state and reduced it to a bloody civil war. Nice.

Gold9472
08-22-2006, 08:28 AM
Today's the day? TODAY'S THE DAY!!!

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Gold9472
08-22-2006, 09:11 AM
http://www.yourbbsucks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12174

PhilosophyGenius
08-22-2006, 04:59 PM
Ouuchhh!!!!...These guys have gotta be embarrased right now. The guy who wrote a book on this is a university teacher or something, problably lectured all his students on this to look smart and get people excited.

Gotta be a tough day for him at work tommorow.

AndrewLoweWatson
08-22-2006, 08:12 PM
Well it didn't.

AndrewLoweWatson
08-22-2006, 08:14 PM
OMG.

Chana3812
08-22-2006, 10:20 PM
:headspin: The Romania Oil Rig story may still lead to some big BS in the Middle East.

Bush is sending in his Oil Reserve Analcists right now to determine if it worth starting a war over

Chana3812
08-22-2006, 10:22 PM
Ooops, I meant Oil Reserve "Analysts"