PDA

View Full Version : Mia Hamel Was Arrested!!!

Gold9472
08-09-2006, 08:25 PM
Protests mark opening of 'WTC'

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=446021&version=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

http://www.yourbbsucks.com/forum/911arrest.jpg
A 'World Trade Center' protester is arrested outside University Mall in Tampa.

(Gold9472: You folks are so brave. There's nothing more I can say.)

Say A Word...
mhamel@tampabay.rr.com

8/9/2006

TAMPA - Oliver Stone's new film 'World Trade Center' may well be remembered most for its tribute to the courage and heroism of those who answered the call on September 11th. But it's also turned into a platform for protest.

"We are using leaflets to alert the public about the discrepancies between real science and physics and the fictional account that the public has been spoon-fed about the events of 9/11," explained Mia Hamel of 911courage.org.

It's a scene that played out at University Mall in Tampa but was also repeated nationwide as protesters pushed for a new investigation.

"We are being lied to. I don't know why, but we know the official story does not make scientific sense," protester David Simmons said.

World Trade Center Tower 7 is at the center of many of the theories. The 47-story building collapsed hours after the twin towers came down back on September 11, 2001.

"You see that footage in this film. You actually see the square upper silhouette of the building, and then you just see it drop like this; no buckling, no fire, no smoke," Hamel continued.

Protesters believe the building was purposely brought down.

"I've been in contracting and engineering all my life. I knew from looking at it, it was a controlled demolition,"Simmons said. "We just want to know who controlled it."

And there's more. They are also raising questions whether the attack was actually staged by Arab terrorists, and who Mohammed Atta really was.

"[He was] an alcohol user, he was a cocaine user. His girlfriend was a stripper, he went to strip clubs, he wore flashy jewelry," Hamel said, trying to cast doubt on Atta's religious devotion.

"We've gone from kind of healthy skepticism on the one hand to something that really approximates paranoia on the other," countered Mike Pheneger, a retired military intelligence analyst.

The protesters say they came to the movie's University Mall opening to make a political statement and to be arrested, and that's exactly what happened. Mall security and sheriff's deputies warned them it would be trespassing to hand out leaflets, but they proceeded.

"I appreciate this, I've made a decision to continue and leaflet anyway," Hamel said before her arrest.

princesskittypoo
08-09-2006, 08:37 PM
i just watched that reopen 911 dvd i sent off for like months ago.... it said a lot. some of it i beleived and some of it i beleived was said by people who just want to get famous (can't remember the guys name and i'm not going to rewatch it to find out). I think these protesters are what is going to get the word out.

Gold9472
08-09-2006, 08:47 PM
I'm very proud of them.

Chana3812
08-09-2006, 11:18 PM
Joyce and I were there, and as the Deputy walked Mia away handcuffed, we got all teary-eyed. :( Damn, what we have to do to get the truth out.

They went to the Mall management office where she was booked with a misdemeanor "criminal trespass" (I think that's the actual charge). She was given a court date and released several hours later.

Her fine is going to be $75 plus courts costs. She said it's worth it - to get the truth out.

I truly admire her passion - What a Gal !!!

Gold9472
08-09-2006, 11:19 PM
Good job Chana.

Chana3812
08-09-2006, 11:21 PM
Whew - what a day. Time for bed !!