PDA

View Full Version : School Won't Fire 9/11 Conspiracy Theorist

Gold9472
08-04-2006, 04:42 PM
School won`t fire 9/11 conspiracy theorist

http://news.monstersandcritics.com/northamerica/article_1187111.php/School_won%60t_fire_9_11_conspiracy_theorist

Aug 4, 2006, 17:57 GMT

MADISON, WI, United States (UPI) -- The University of Wisconsin is not going to fire a part-time lecturer who publicizes his theory that the Bush administration was responsible for Sept 11.

Kevin Barrett has been interviewed by national media ranging from the New York Times to Fox News about his belief the government orchestrated the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks in New York and Washington for its own benefit, the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports.

Despite calls for his firing, UW Provost Patrick Farrell says Barrett will be teaching a course on Islam at the school`s flagship campus in Madison this fall.

'If the situation arises that I don`t have confidence that he can separate his views from what he teaches, I`ll change my decision,' Farrell said in an interview with the Journal-Sentinel Thursday.

Barrett has defended his theory in e-mails to politicians and other critics who have labeled him unfit to teach.

He has already received a letter from the university warning him not to identify himself with UW-Madison in his personal political messages.

Chana3812
08-04-2006, 05:05 PM
Glad to see some common sense prevail !