PDA

View Full Version : Democrats Say Bush Admin. May Have Broken 26 Laws

Gold9472
07-31-2006, 02:47 PM
Bush Admin May Have Violated 26 Statutes, Dems Say

http://www.tpmmuckraker.com/archives/001238.php

By Justin Rood - July 31, 2006, 1:53 PM

The Bush administration may have broken over two dozen federal laws and regulations -- some of them multiple times -- according to an unreleased report from the House Judiciary Committee Democrats.

"The misconduct I have found is not only serious, but widespread," reads a draft summary of the report by Ranking Member John Conyers (D-MI):

The laws implicated by the Administration’s actions include federal laws against making false statements to congress [sic]; federal laws and international treaties prohibiting torture and cruel, inhuman, and degrading treatment; federal laws concerning retaliating against witnesses and other government employees; Executive Orders concerning leaking and other misuse of intelligence; federal regulations and ethical requirements governing conflicts of interest; the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act; communications privacy laws; the National Security Act; and the Fourth Amendment.

The document, an update to the Democrats' December 2005 report, "A Constitution in Crisis," will be released later this week, according to knowledgeable sources. It is several hundred pages long, with over a thousand footnotes.

In earlier days such a report would be easily ignored. But with the looming possibility of Democrats taking control of the House of Representatives in November, Conyers' charges pose a potentially serious threat to the Bush administration. After all, it takes only a simple majority vote in the House to impeach a sitting president.

On their face, the laundry list of alleged wrongs form a natural basis for impeachment proceedings -- but Conyers has insisted he has no intention of rushing to impeach. No, a slow walk to possible impeachment (preferably down a path that includes months of hearings) is more what the would-be chairman envisions, he has said.

My call to the White House was not immediately returned.

Eckolaker
07-31-2006, 03:57 PM
Its time to make ready the Camcorders, VCR's, DVR's, and TiVo's...So when the fucktards pull a new attack we will be there ready to expose it as a false flag op.

Cloak & Swagger
07-31-2006, 05:22 PM
The question for me is if it'll be false flag as a precursor to war, or an aftershock?
Worse yet, maybe before and after.
Hell, it could be before, during, and after.
We won't even really be at war at all, the media will just say we're being nuked from every direction, when the fact is it's false flags flying everywhere.
There's no way they'd be able to manage the secrecy in that.
In fact, I see them staging a false flag on the whitehouse to fake all their deaths, that would be one hell of an exit strategy for the Bush Crime Family, they came in with a bang, they might as well go out with a bang.
Now I get the feeling Ken Lay's faked death was just a test run.

Cloak & Swagger
07-31-2006, 05:24 PM
Plus, that's why the whitehouse was spared on 9/11, they needed to keep it for the final false flag op.

AuGmENTor
07-31-2006, 05:40 PM
But with the looming possibility of Democrats taking control of the House of Representatives in November,

Ya think they're gonna take it over? At this rate I'd be surprised if there were any republicans left when this is over.