PDA

View Full Version : Jon Gold: Nass Can't Avoid What People Want

Gold9472
07-29-2006, 11:00 PM
Jon Gold: Nass can't avoid what people want

http://www.madison.com/tct/opinion/letters/index.php?ntid=92763&ntpid=0

A letter to the editor

Dear Editor: I noticed in Rep. Nass' cowardly way of backing down to Kevin Barrett's debate challenge, that he took it upon himself to quote some of the Founding Fathers.

Here's something you may recognize:

"That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends (Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness), it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

In other words Rep. Nass, half of your constituency wants you to debate Barrett. If you don't, I don't think the people would have any problem showing you the door.

"A true patriot loves their country all of the time, and their Government when it deserves it." Mark Twain

Jon Gold
Plymouth Meeting, Pa.

Published: July 28, 2006

PhilosophyGenius
07-30-2006, 12:21 AM
Good stuff. I hope you continue your political activism after this whole 9/11 thing is over. If you really wanna get your message across write a book and from there you can become a pundit on tv. You would OWN.

Gold9472
07-30-2006, 12:24 AM
I don't have the inclination to write a book.